A random thought - Men vs Women

Options
RAFValentina
RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
I notice pretty much every post regarding a "bad day" is posted by a woman.
Men either are better at not having "bad days" or perhaps us ladies should take a leaf out of the guys books and care less or rather, fret less, just accept it instead of announcing it to the world as the worst thing in the world with added drama and just go "Hey ho, rubbish day, I'll keep it to myself as at the end of the day, that's the only person it counts to, and make up for it tomorrow with the consequences today brings, i.e. bloating etc".

I know in a non-diet context, when I'm being assessed in my Air Traffic Control Simulators for something, if I make a mistake and let my head "drop" I lose focus on the task there and then and vigilance and the whole thing falls apart. For example, I keep an aircraft on my frequency when I should have sent it en route and another one calls up, I have a higher workload, but if I let my head drop, my work rate becomes inefficient and the problems spiral out of control from there. However, if I accept the mistake and the instant consequences then I can improve the situation before it spirals out of control-be proactive about my "error".

Not slating or rating anything especially but more an observation which I think we could draw one or two things from to help us keep on track with self motivation.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I keep my pain inside until in forms a knot in my stomach, then I put food on it.

I also use humor to mask my emotions.
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree...a LOT of women are outspoken about "errors" and tend to take small instances and blow them out of porportion......BUT on here I think voicing your displeasure in how you ate or fussing about lack of energy is the best thing you can do for yourself!!!!!! As long as you have the right friends :wink: One complaint turns into an abundance of positive feedback!!!
  • ravihira1892
    Options
    I keep my pain inside until in forms a knot in my stomach, then I put food on it.

Exactly how i am, hit the nail on the spot!

I tend to release mine with music & insane driving at times.
  • Night_hawker5000
    Options
    We are adults, there is absolutely no reason to tell everyone..omg I went over 100 in my calories..its just wanting attention.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

There, there.

There, there.
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    I agree...a LOT of women are outspoken about "errors" and tend to take small instances and blow them out of porportion......BUT on here I think voicing your displeasure in how you ate or fussing about lack of energy is the best thing you can do for yourself!!!!!! As long as you have the right friends :wink: One complaint turns into an abundance of positive feedback!!!

This is true, and that's great but (and this is a personal opinion which is open to debate and questioning!) do you not think that this promotes reliance on others every time the proverbial hits the fan? It doesn't promote very sustainable and independent weight management and surely that is what we should all be striving to achieve? In the mean time, MFP and our pals are a good backup team...but I've seen a lot of regular posters about "bad days" and it's like whatever, every day seems to be a bad day, keep it to yourself (after like the 20th time - I'm not saying on the occasional day when people do need a bit of extra support - just to be clear!) or do something about it and post a positive instead of self wallowing pity post. In fact, instead of writing the post, offset it even a tiny bit with 2 mins of jumping jacks or physical activity instead of sitting down crying!

I though guys would have responses like that and that's cool... it works for them and they seem to have better success.
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    We are adults, there is absolutely no reason to tell everyone..omg I went over 100 in my calories..its just wanting attention.

I agree!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

There, there.

There, there.

1727-i-know-that-feel.png
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I take mine out on the poor weights at the gym. or a listening ear from time to time. but the best cure is when I'm upset and the most beautiful girl in the world notices and comes up to me and says "it's ok Daddy" and then kisses me on the cheek. helps me realize that most of the things I'm upset about don't matter.
  • Ericacea
    Ericacea Posts: 45
    Options
    People might be looking for attention, but I think a lot of them genuinely feel guilt. Since this site is about community, I think it's good to reassure them.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Lots of people cant lose weight without a support system. This website offers that support, among other things. Its important for people to use MFP in a way that is best for them! Within MFP people develop their own smaller communities with different methods. I personally get a little tired of the same people talking about their mistakes over and over again, but if its someone who had a bad day and is upset than by all means ill comment and be supportive.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's because most women are bad at compartmentalizing emotions and men are global thinkers. That's all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!