New to site. Supportive friends wanted please :)

Options
sjeagle30
sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
HI, I just joined today and I am looking for some friends to help suport me and that I can give support to along the way. I am 39 years old and have about 40 pounds I would like to lose.....to start with! I want to set goals that dont seem so out of reach. I would eventually like to lose about 60 but I would be happy with 40 to start and see how I feel. I never used to have a weight issue and my mom kept telling me how lucky I was to not battle weight like her all of my life. Well now here I am and I am fighting a losing....or gaining battle haha. In 2001 I started a new job(desk job). Well over the last 10 years about 60 pounds have crept on. yuck! I have lost 30 or so from time to time and then gain it back because once I lose it I feel I will never let it happen again and then slowly but surely it creeps back on. I need accountability and support and this seems like the perfect place to be :)

Replies

• Tara8238
    Tara8238 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a newcomer to the site too, and am looking for the same support. It's nice to have a community of people who share the same goals as well as the same struggles. Welcome! And good luck with all the success you are going to accomplish. :happy:
  • busymom50
    busymom50 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm also a newcomer and want as much support as I can,as well as hoping that I can help someone as well. Welcome!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I look forward to sharing our successes :)
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm niftyafterfifty. Feel free to add me as a friend; I've been on the site since January 7, 2012 and have lost 12 1/2 lbs. I have just recently added friends other than my daughter. This is a new experience for me too.
  • sarge634
    sarge634 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hello all im also new to this site. My goal is to lose 25lbs.I have tried other diets and my main problem is staying motivated and temptation.Please feel free to add me as i could use all the support i can get.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    im new to making friends on here, so anybody that would like to be a part of my journey feel free to add, :D
  • schlagers
    schlagers Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! feel free to add me :o)
  • AnnaKeck
    AnnaKeck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm kinda new too, I just started really trying to get back into shape last month. The same thing happened to me when I took a desk job about 4 years ago - before that I was always fairly fit and healthy. Funny how sitting in at a desk for 8 hours a day can do that to us, huh! I'd love to connect with some friends on here too so we can tackle our health goals together :)
  • oKathryno
    Options
    Guess we're all in the same boat. I'm new here as well - and although my journey has been stagnant, I'm looking to get it shifted into high gear (I'd settle for 1st too :)) I have good intentions, but usually give up on myself for any number of excuses. No More Excuses!!! Looking for friends to help encourage me!
  • NewlyWed76
    Options
    HI! I am new to this site as well. Congrats on your new journey with MFP :) Feel free to add me! We can motivate one another!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I been on MFP for a few weeks now and really love it.feel free to add me.
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! We have about the same amount to lose!