Cayenne Supplements

Options
Let me preface this by saying that I do not believe in miracle drugs, miracle diets, taking supplements simply to "burn" excess body fat.

I've just been wondering, all of you awesome people out there in MyFitnessPal-land....

Does anyone take a cayenne pepper supplement for metabolism? At my last doctor's visit, I mentioned that I joined this website to help support me in my weight loss journey (he said, "hooray!". But I was really frustrated, because my metabolism ALWAYS gets the better of me. I have, quite possibly, the world's slowest metabolism and it makes it darn near impossible to really burn anything unless I burn myself out on exercise. I asked him if I could eat anything or do something to help my metabolism grow stronger. He recommended the cayenne pepper supplements (I like spice, but not tons), since the natural capsaicin creates a burn of what you're eating. He cautioned me not to misunderstand what he meant. Cayenne supplements do not burn fat away, but they create that warming sensation from the natural heat of the capsaicin. It aids elimination and assimilation, and helps the body to create hydrochloric acid, which is so necessary for good digestion and assimilation, especially of proteins. I completely understand what the metabolic benefits entail now.

I bought a bottle of the 40,000 hu Cayenne Fruit by Nature's Way at GNC. I've been using them for...I'd say probably a week and a half (ish). I THINK I notice a difference, but I'm just not sure. I DO know that you need to take them with food. Otherwise you get the world's worst stomach cramps. I practically keeled over because I had forgotten not to take them a bit before breakfast, but WITH my breakfast. Learned the hard way...but I digress.

So anyone out there try these supplements for metabolic support? Has it helped? Yes...No..??