Ladies, grab the weights!

Options
Ladies, it is important to add strength training to your exercise regimen. Don't fear the bulkiness and muscle that men usually gain from working out. As women, we don't have the testosterone needed to bulk as big. It would take years of training or steroids to bulk like that. Use weights that physically challenge you, do a couple of sets, and watch the pounds shed faster than the speed of lighting!!!:wink:

Replies

• Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am working out with a personal trainer 2 days a week. It is mostly strength training and I also do bodysculpt class on friday and yoga on wed. Do you think I need more cardio? It just seems like I do alot of strength training! What do you think?:tongue:
  • brooklynbully
    brooklynbully Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Julie! Yes throw in some cardio. It helps sooo much. and in so many different ways. It improves endurance, cardiovascular health and burns that fat! Most people argue that its not wise to do cardio after strength training, but it depends on your overall goals.

Good luck!
  • saxxyone_01
    saxxyone_01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What do you think about Body Pump classes? I know that I need to do some weight training, but I'm not sure where to start. I do spin 3x's a week and want to do weights and abs 2x's a week. I went to Body Pump a while ago, but I hear that it is really not a great source of weight training, and that even though weights are being used, it is more of a cardio workout than anything.