new here looking for supportive friends

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Katie I am switching over from weightwatchers after deciding I would rather use a calorie count than points. I also like that I have the app on my phone and no matter where I am I can stay tracked and accountable. A little about me: I am 26 and have a 5 month old son who came ten weeks early and after having pregnancy issues and being put on bedrest I weigh 255 and want to get below 200. I work out with a trainer three mornings a week. Id love to learn some more about you guys and how fitness pal has helped you? what is your weight loss routine? hope to hear from some of you soon

Replies

• ednjenn
    ednjenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    New here also. Had the app for a couple years now and just spent this week really playing with it and trying it out. Looks like a great community and upbeat folks with similar stories........each incredibly interesting. Feel free to "friend" or "add" or whatever ... like I said, I'm an online hack.
  • sandyfavorite
    sandyfavorite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Katie today is also my first day. My name is Sandy and i can be ur fitness pal if you want. I used to be 185 last year and by taking a small step at a time i got down to 162 but my goal is to be 135 so i need it a system to keep track of my calories so lets see how it goes =). You can do it just dont give up, just remember its one pound at a time. I am here if you need to talk we can do it
  • sandyfavorite
    sandyfavorite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my first day too we can do it
  • Memorysketch
    Memorysketch Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just joined myself. I'll add you :)
  • dreanteto
    Options
    Hello everyone. Today is my 1st day logging in my Cal's. I started off new at the gym Monday. It truely is hard but with helpful support we can do it!
  • ktrose1
    ktrose1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also just joined and am looking for friends/support. I lost 10 pounds in my first week...couldn't believe it but have 50 more to go! Please add me (anyone who wants to) I would love to have friends.
    :happy:
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm new here too!
  • MAZMcCormick
    MAZMcCormick Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and looking for friends. It's nice to be on this site and see that we are all together on this weight loss process.
  • slrakowski_79
    Options
    Hi. OMG...I hope your little one is doing great. I was on bed rest also for 3 weeks and my son came 4 1/2 weeks early but at 13 months you would never guess it, excpect he is still little. I however lost 40 pounds during my pregnacy due to gestinational diabetes but gained it all plus another 10 pounds back. That is why I am on here tracking what I eat (I'm back on my low carb diabetic diet since it worked so well during pregnancy) and have been going to the gym with my mom.

Good luck with your weight loss process and I hope we can help each other along the way...plus if you need new mom advice...I'm here for that too!:happy: :happy:
  • lexieskiff
    Options
    HI!!! Ive been on here on and off for a little over a year, Ive switched from different apps, but this one is the one I keep coming back to! Ive recently lost around 40lbs, though I dont feel like it lol. I really love this app, and the support everyone has for each other. Feel free to add me! I love comments and I love to encourage others!!! :)
  • KayM1508
    KayM1508 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also have a 5 month old! A little girl. I have really been having a hard time keeping up with a workout routine and eating right since she was born, but this website has already helped so much and it is just my first week. It would be great to have a friend on here who has a child the same age! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie!

I used to do Weight Watchers too! I managed to lose 3stone on it at one point but then it all went back on! I decided to leave Weight Watchers as my leader was more bothered about making numbers and money than the members, I felt! So I joined this!

Feel free to add me if you like :) And that goes for anyone else looking for friends too!
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Having the app on my phone has helped me a lot. Just keeping track of stuff I eat has made me less likely to eat that "impulse" food.
  • c_hodge
    c_hodge Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello and welcome Katie. I will send you a friend request. I just started this website almost a week ago myself. I have thouroughly enjoyed it so far!
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    hi, the more friends the better, everyone is really supportive and it motivates you to keep going...
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Also fairly new to MFP. Have been using it for bout 5wks and lost 6lb. I find it really helps having the app and food database help me to make good food choices. my name is keira, im 33 and have three boys from 3-13. feel free to add me as a friend if you ever want support or to chat.:smile:
  • milmar2u
    milmar2u Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Katie: I'm Marilyn,

I have used fitness pal off and on for years. Its one of the best sources for tracking your calories and is pretty accruate. The lastest enhancement is the scanner, which is a life saver. I knew it was good but I didn't know how good until lately. It is such a time saver. What works for me is to buy the foods that I can eat, that I need to eat. (My potassium, vitamin A and protein levels are a struggle so I try to make sure I have foods strong in these areas. That's another beautiful thing about fitness pal, it lets you know what nutrients you are not getting enough of). I use a scale and portion off my regular foods (ie, fruits, raisins, carrots, hummus, strawberries, etc.) this way I will always use the correct portioned container and don't have to weigh them any more. I try to make sure that I have at least three proteins (one with breakfast, lunch and dinner). I'm still struggling with the protein area, so I'm gonna add white beans to my lunch, which is very nutrient rich and filling. My scale is broke, so I don't know how many pounds I've lost so far but I feel a difference in my clothing. I'm not hungry, because I eat every three hours and I don't eat after 7pm. I'm trying to incorporate walking into my routine and then the pounds usually fall off. My biggest tip is to pay close attention to the foods you eat (calories, fats, cholesterol, etc). Just being able to see them is enough for me to not eat a particular food. I hope this was motivating and if you want to be a friend let me know. I'm competitive and its nice to have someone else to motivate me to my goal. Take Care.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'll go ahead and send you a friend request!
  • itsall4younow
    Options
    Hi Katie,

I just switched over last week from weight watchers. I love this site so much. It is way more user friendly, and I'm sure you will find the same thing. I eat my recomended calories and work out with a trainer 2x a week. I'm going to restart C25k today, and I also enjoy taking my puppy out for nice long walks.

Best of luck to you on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:
  • nikki_geber
    nikki_geber Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie and all. Welcome!! It is a great plan, full of very supportive people. I have been here for a few months, and always have good results when I stick with the plan.It's when I think i can do it on my own, or when I try some other new "fad" diet that will make me lose weight way faster, that i slip up!