Night time cravings

Options
I am craving something sweet at night, usually around 8-9pm. Any suggestions for something low in calories?

Replies

• teawalk
    teawalk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found this great kettle corn in a big red bag. It tastes just like the stuff the good street vendors make and it's only 130 calories for 2 cups. Not bad for a sweet crunchy snack.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Funny to see this. There is a chocolate cake in the kitchen, that I keep thinking about and I don't really even LIKE chocolate cake. If I eat it and my son catches me, I owe him $2. That is the only way I can keep from it!
  • lkray
    lkray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always go for fruit! I used to have the WORST sugar cravings, but the less I eat the less I crave. And I'm sure you know to avoid diet sodas as well, those intensify sugar cravings too!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    An evening treat that has helped me avoid ice cream and still satisfied my cravings for sweets is a dish of greek yogurt with fresh strawberries or blueberries (sometimes both!), drizzled with honey. About 180 calories. :smile:
  • Smokry
    Smokry Posts: 3
    Options
    Sugar free gum really is sweet and definitely works.
  • cheermomof3
    Options
    I always save a few extra calories for my night time sweet cravings. My favorite snack is Kelloggs Rice Krispies Treat. The marshmellow cream satisfies my sweet tooth craving and for only 90 calories I don't have to feel guilty about having that after dinner sweet treat! :wink:
  • scoutit
    scoutit Posts: 36
    Options
    I make a decaf coffee and sweeten it with chocolate stevia and two tablespoons of evaporated milk. Serve with 1/4 bar of dark chocolate. Total less than 110 calories.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    eddy's slow churn Ice cream, depending on flavor 110-130 cals per serving. mmmmmmmm
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    yogurt or strawberries or both!!
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I make a decaf coffee and sweeten it with chocolate stevia and two tablespoons of evaporated milk. Serve with 1/4 bar of dark chocolate. Total less than 110 calories.

ohmylanta!!! this sounds so delicious! on my list of things to try!
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Source yogurt 35cal/100g plus I add fresh berries and some bran buds. Just like a desert for me and it's usually under 100cals.
  • gr8fullgirl
    gr8fullgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana with 2 tbsp of Better-N-Peanutbutter, works for me!
  • wenderbell
    Options
    I made some chocolate chunk muffins I found on Pinterest today. They are absolutely delicious and only 108 calories each. The recipe says 85, but that's making 24 out of the recipe and mine only yielded 15. It was my first experience baking with oatmeal instead of flour...I was very pleased. Just had one for my evening dessert craving. Yum! Bonus - they are gluten free (if you use an oatmeal that is specifically gluten free).

Here's the recipe.

1 3/4 c old fashioned oats
    3 egg whites
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
    1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup hot water
    1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup brown sugar + 2 tbs stevia
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (OR you could use white chocolate OR peanut butter chips!)
    *Foil cupcake liners, remove the inner paper lining (I say foil, because from experience, paper liners tend to stick to muffins!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
    In a food processor, grind the oatmeal until fine. Then add remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Blend until mixture is smooth.
    Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
    Place muffins tins in the oven for 120 minutes. After 12 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
    Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 15-20 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like pudding for my night cravings. Or airpopped popcorn with just a bit of kettle corn flavored powder. Even just a bit of warmed milk with a dash of ovaltine can do it. Lots of options, tonight I went with grapefruit.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Apple with 1 tbls of peanut butter. Low fat pudding cup with crumbled graham cracker. 40 cal fudge pop. Depending on calories left.
  • msjta
    msjta Posts: 51
    Options
    A pink grapfruit or a banana