FitBit or not???

Options
A friend of mine is looking at a FitBit. She is wondering what the benifits of using this device are. She had a Mytrak and is looking to get rid of it. Any advice good or bad would be apreciated.

Replies

• MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and love it. I've learned I burn a lot of calories during a 24 hour period (2300) so I was able to increase my calories accordingly.
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    thanks for the info
  • Kassey125
    Kassey125 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit, though I have not started adjusting my calories due to it, it helps motivate me to do more when I see I have been sedentary during the day and I feel awesome on the days I complete more than my goal.
  • blondiekat230
    Options
    bump
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit, if it broke I would buy another. I am hiking twice a week and will be doing more once weather gets better and love to track my hike with the activity record tracker. It is not good for tracking calories burned for weight lifting, bicycling, Zumba, things of that nature. So if you are looking to track that stuff I would suggest a HRM. The fitbit tracks cals burned through movement on your feet like running, hiking, walking. I love being able to see my day plotted out, and the other reason I got it was being able to sync it to this site. If ya have any other ?'s hit me up.
  • katymae
    katymae Posts: 8
    Options
    love mine!
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    thanks so much
    I am sure that this will help in her choice.