sugar relapse

Options
I'm am becoming increasingly frustrated and depressed with myself... I can't seem to stop myself from relapsing and eating processed carbs, namely sweet stuff :( I do my best to avoid it.. I pack my lunches for work but it's almost like I black out and when I come to, I have candy or cookies in my mouth.

Not sure what I'm asking for... just venting I guess. I'm certain that this is what's causing my stall and why losing my last 20lbs seems impossible.

Replies

• ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Vent away!!!! I totally understand. The stuff has an extremely addictive quality. I tend to get into grooves where I crave candy and sweets every day. If I try to stay away completely, I go nuts, although many people swear by it because once you have a bit the 'carb monster' comes out. For me, I find that allowing reasonable amounts into my day helps. I let myself have one salted caramel chocolate covered macadamia nut cluster today. 104 calories but so worth it. And I knew it was accounted for and I put the container away. It's hard but with tracking I find that I feel I don't want to ruin my whole day (and more than that, my progress) to have 3 or 10 of them lol. 1 is satisying to my sweet tooth just have to control it.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It is difficult. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I have been eating too many fats lately. Even when I know I should be eating a vegetable.

I find I stay on track by eating before I am hungry. Carry oranges, granola bars, apples everywhere with you. I have found these 3 things help the most with a sweet tooth.

Good luck.

BC :)
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Must be in the air... I am a sugar junkie and I hate it. UGH... hang in there, it's hard for sure. I have been trying to increase my water intake so I wont be hungry. Sometimes that helps.
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i totally know what you mean. my sister and i joke that sometimes we feel the only reason we work out is so we can eat the extra calories back. i am pregnant right now though and trying to cut more sugar out. i agree with what someone else said about try having some sort of treat in moderation....when i tell myself I can't have any at all i tend to go crazy. The less I have it though the less I want it, if that helps. In my opinion life is too short not to have some sort of little treat now and then! Ultimately, don't beat yourself up. Just try again tomorrow and the next day etc and maybe just cut down a little bit each day. good luck!