Ran my first 5k!

Options
January 1st if you had told me I'd be running any type of races I would have laughed in your face! But Yesterday I ran (well ran & walked!) my very first 5k! I started Couch to 5k 3 weeks ago and it took me a long while to finish, but I'm so happy that I just completed it!

Replies

• mbertagnolli
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great achievement! Enjoy your success and set new goals!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    WTG! I just started Week 2 myself, so I hope to be not far behind you!
    Great accomplishment!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I just finished C25K today and it was hard, but it sure felt good! Keep going- good work!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Keep going!
  • trinajoy7
    trinajoy7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!
  • Transform12
    Options
    That's so awesome! I ran my first 5k last year and it was something I never thought I could do! You should feel really proud of yourself and ride this wave of enthusiasm!
  • BevbeMoore
    BevbeMoore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :happy: Great job!! That's my next goal...to get myself conditioned to run a 5K!!
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Nice work! Congrats on your NSV!! :)
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yay I would never be able to do it!!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Great work! That's so inspiring...I'm running my first one next weekend! Well, running & walking. Hopefully just not sobbing or unconscious.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I will be following in your footsteps in two weeks!!
  • jayeljay613
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Good for you. I just made that goal myself two days ago. So I will be posting in a couple of months or earlier! Would you mind telling me how long it took you? I am trying so hard to not pressure myself but I want to set a goal!!!
  • janellsmellsgood
    janellsmellsgood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just had memories of doing my first 5K two years ago, and I never thought that would happen! Way to go! That's super awesome!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! I hope to do the same soon. I did day one last week, but havent been able to get back out yet! :(
    Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That's so great, I have always wanted to be able to run.

One day I'd love to enter and finish the NYC marathon (50kms) but I can't even do the 5k like you.

I bow before you xxx you're awesome.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! It's such a great feeling to cross the finish line, especially the first time. Good for you for making the commitment!! Got your eyes set on a second run down the line?
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Are you hooked???? All it took was my first 5k and I was hooked. Love the running community.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Grats:flowerforyou:
  • runninglucy
    runninglucy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is a fabulous feeling and you should be very proud of yourself.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!