Egg intolerance

Options
2»

Replies

• tezregan
    tezregan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think I must suffer from this. My symptom is swelling of the stomach and severe blinding pain under my right rib and lower right abdomen. I have always got this pain randomly over the space of 10 years and I have seen several doctors who have suggeted many conditions gall stones, chrones and others but it is only since I have been using my fitness pal that I have been able to see a pattern.

So perhaps I should get a test to confirm. Although I am unsure I may have had one before but it needs to be done as each Time I get the pain I cannot eat properly for 2-3days lose sleep due to the pain and my training goes by the wayside.

Does anyone have identical symptoms ??
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    No matter how many times I try, I PAY when I eat eggs. If they are mixed in something I do fine. But if I scramble or like today, make egg muffins-- WOW, bloating, cramps, etc. Im the only one I know that reacts like this. Anyone else have the same?

Very common with body builders it happens over time after having so many.

It varies for me personally some days I am fine others I am horrible!
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If i eat too many eggs then yeah get similar symptoms, but i think it more my IBS and reflux that cause mine.

But since this subject came up, every year when I go to get my flu jab, the 1st thing they ask me is, do I have any allergies to eggs?

Just thought I'd mention that in-case anyone has flu jabs and has a bad reaction to them.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one. Can't eat them any way, any brand, any time! And I use to love them so! :heart:
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Tezregan - I have a friend with Crohn's who described something similar whenever she ate some of her foods that were known to trigger it worse. If they found anything to support the Crohn's diagnosis, it could be that eggs are a trigger food.

Although it might be worth getting an allergy test. Some foods will not cause hives and such, but can cause a lot of stomach and gut pain, instead. Kind of like...I guess I think of it like hay fever of the gut - lots of swelling and pain. >_<