• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Those adhesive bras are a joke!

I wear a smaller C... it didn't hold nor fit right. It felt awkward and in the end I took it off in the restroom! :blushing:

A while back I wore a dress that was completely open in the back so my friend gave me some breast petals (go over the nips) and viola! I'm perky though so it wasn't a problem. I actually enjoyed feeling free!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the clear straps look awful. As evidenced by Wonder Woman's jet, clear does not equal invisible. If you can't get away with going braless, I think you will have to find a different dress.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Great question, I was going to try that for my daugther's wedding since my dress needs a special bra but you just saved me the money. I will go with another solution.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    just go bra-less. are you perky?
    I'm not...in so many ways
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I had a dress like that for a formal event in college and there was no way I was going to be able to wear those bra things..

I totally went bra-less and did the ole duct tape trick. Was a bit uncomfortable at first but after while I forgot about it...and the girls look awesome. lol =p
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    They seem to work if you don't really have much. I am a C-cup and can tell you just by looking at them that they'd never work for my size.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    It depends on your cup size. I'm a 36-D, (and I've had a baby) and not an adhesive bra on the planet will do the job for these girls. BUT my best friend is a small B and she wears them with backless stuff all the time no problem. Definitely get one from a good place though, like Victoria's Secret. Better quality.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have another idea if your not set on stick on bras..

I wanted to get a dress very similar to this, with a low cut back..
    You can get bra's were you can remove the fastening straps, and replace them with like jeweled straps which actually add to the outfit.

Heres some examples ->>..

BRA-2.jpg
    Halterneck%20Heart%20(3).jpg
    back_double_heart_rhinestone_bra_strap.jpg
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Not for me.. my boobs are 34D, they need all the support they can get. My friends with smaller cup sizes wear them and they work well for them though.

EDIT: I always wear a bra bandeau when a strapless bra is needed. Lot's of support and does not look like a bra at all.
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can buy bras with a diamonte strap across the back so it looks like it's part of the dress :)
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i am a big fan of boob tape w/backless shirts and dresses!! but i have itty bitty ones (b cup) so it works very well for me!! i use bare lifts... good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have used one that worked, but I am a B. I know girls who use them that are C's, but I don't think anything bigger will work. The best ones are the ones that look like raw chicken haha.. by this is mean the ones that the whole thing is silicon material, rather than the ones that are sticky on one side and cotton or some other material on the other. The silicon ones are thicker and, it seems to me, give better support.

Agree with this! I have used mine several times, and I'm happy with them. (I don't really need a bra if I'm going to be honest though - I hardly have boobs - so I use them more to make it look like I have something under that dress/top.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    if you have very little to stick on too they probably work great BUT my D's took that stick on and laughed at me! :blushing:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    My friend has very small boobies (Like a small B) She loves them. I have a DDD and they do not work for me AT ALL
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i'd go with pasties. the stick-on bras suck! I got one, and it made my boobs look SOOOOO weird. not to mention it really doesn't provide any support, so if that's what you are looking for, total waste of money in that aspect as well.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    umm....as long as you don't sweat too much and aren't too large... Let's just say I wore one for my wedding and danced a little too much :/ I don't know how far down the back of the dress would go on you but they sell straps to make the back of your bra lower.

http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Forms-Low-Back-Straps/dp/B0000862Y2

The straps won't go that low. The back of my grad dress was only half way down my back & they wouldn't even reach that far! I had to sew in a lace insert to cover my bra. Made the very plain back of the dress much prettier....but this dress is too pretty to modify!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I like 'em. Granted, I'm an "AA" cup. When I had D's they looked kinda weird on me. They make those "petal" things that you can use, I think?
    I don't know.. I suck at being feminine.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    They won't hold them up, but the will prevent nipple visibility.

^^^^
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I'm a DD... they don't work that well for me. I even went to a bridal shop to be fitted for them and they were very uncomfortable and wore out about 2 hours in. Luckily the dress was tight enough to keep them tame.