calories

Options
Question

if you don't use all you calories from one day do/can they roll over into the next day? I have a hard time reaching my calories daily.

Replies

• rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    Question

if you don't use all you calories from one day do/can they roll over into the next day? I have a hard time reaching my calories daily.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    not really.

how many calories are you "supposed" to be eating?
  • rmccully
    Options
    Your Food Diary For: Wednesday

Breakfast
    Meijer - Quick Oats - Oatmeal, 1/2 cup 140 26 3 4 5 0 remove
    Banana - Banana, 0.5 medium banana (7" - 8") 53 14 0 2 1 7 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 193 40 3 6 6 7

morning snack
    Fit & Active (Aldi) - Reduced Fat Wheat Crackers, 18 crackers 130 20 4 1 2 3 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 130 20 4 1 2 3

Lunch
    Vegetable - Green Peppers, 1 Medium Raw 30 8 0 2 1 3 remove
    Raw - Califlower, 0.5 cup 13 3 0 1 1 0 remove
    Brocoli - Raw, 1 cup 25 5 0 3 2 0 remove
    Garden Fresh Mediterranean - Hummus - Spicy Cilantro, 2.5 oz (2 tbsp) 200 18 15 5 8 3 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 268 34 15 11 12 6

afternoon snack
    M&M's - Plain (1 Single M&M), 17 piece 58 9 3 0 0 8 remove
    Fit & Active (Aldi) - Reduced Fat Wheat Crackers, 18 crackers 130 20 4 1 2 3 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 188 29 7 1 2 11

Dinner
    Trader Joe's - Just the Leaves of Romaine Lettuce, 3/8 cups (85g) 4 1 0 1 0 0 remove
    Kroger - Grape Tomato, 3 tomato 6 2 0 0 0 1 remove
    Garden Fresh Mediterranean - Original Hummus, 2.5 oz. 200 15 15 5 5 3 remove
    Lightlife - Smart Dogs: Veggie Protein Links, 1 link 45 2 0 1 8 1 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 255 20 15 7 13 5

evening snack
    Add Food

Total: 1,034 143 44 26 35 32
    Your Daily Goal: 1,473 202 49 14 55 24
    Remaining: 439 59 5 -12 20 -8
    *You've earned 273 extra calories from exercise today

This is somewhat of a average day
    and at least twice a week I earn a lot of extra calories more then the 273 from this day.

some days I have a protein shake or two this day shown above I did not. But even on those days it is still hard to get in all the calories. I by nature eat every couple hour as well som I am munching on somthing healthy. but that does not always have a lot of calories. I don't eat meat.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I would definately add in some calories. If you feel like you can't eat any more (are you a vegetarian, by the way), add nuts or avocado in somewhere. They pack an amazing number of calories in a small amount. I like to add sunflower seeds in to my salads.

More beans and lentils too, would help. Higher in calories, adds protein and fiber. I'm a big fan of black beans. I cook some red, yellow, and green peppers, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and onions in a bit of Pam, then add black beans, chili powder and a light sprinkling of cheese. When I put it in the bowl, I add 1/2 an avocado (and here's where 1/4 of the meals calories come from). Total meal's calories is about 400.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's a slippery slope, that depends on your body chemistry, and your specific situation. In general we run on a continuous calorie level (humans in general) so the idea is to keep enough calories coming in to keep at that level, you start having big downswings and upswings in calories and it can throw your body out of balance. That being said, 1 day once in a while (every 3 or 4 weeks) wouldn't be much of an issue, it takes longer then that for the body to start adapting to a different eating pattern.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    try adding higher calorie foods to your days. I'm guessing you're a vegetarian?

eggs, milk, cheese, soy products, nuts, seeds, avadaco are higher cal (none meats) that will boost your calories and also your protein levels.
    if you're not a vegetarian, add fish and poultry to that list.
  • rmccully
    Options
    try adding higher calorie foods to your days. I'm guessing you're a vegetarian?

eggs, milk, cheese, soy products, nuts, seeds, avadaco are higher cal (none meats) that will boost your calories and also your protein levels.
    if you're not a vegetarian, add fish and poultry to that list.

Yes I am a vegetarian.
    I do get those things in. not always everyday. guess I just need to eat more of it. lol
    Thanks