Shirtless

Options
Abrasue
Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
I'm contenpmplating just going in a sports bra (and workout pants you pervs lol) to the gym. I'm comfortable in my body enough to do it but I just don't want to be "that girl". Thoughts?

Replies

• malk2651
    malk2651 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Comfort > fashion when it comes to working out
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    If you think you will feel comfortable then go ahead. I wish I had the body for that. But if you are going to spend the whole time self conscience about being "that girl" and wondering if every else is thinking the same thing, then don't. You want to focus on your workout not be distracted by worrying. Congrats on being able to though! lol
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! It is a gym, and others should be focusing on themselves, not you.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Holy hell girl. If I had your body, I'd be going nikid! lol
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I think you have made it to that point. So go for it. You will motivate others when they see you.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

^ This ^

Go rock what you worked hard for!
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a problem with most people wearing that, so go for it
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable and is accepted at your gym of course, then go a head, I dont think you will be "that girl" more like "it girl," as in she's got it girl. Good luck.
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you think you will feel comfortable then go ahead. I wish I had the body for that. But if you are going to spend the whole time self conscience about being "that girl" and wondering if every else is thinking the same thing, then don't. You want to focus on your workout not be distracted by worrying. Congrats on being able to though! lol

^^^^This
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You totally can rock it and you should be proud of the body you earned!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Gym rule #1-Ego at the door. Not a fashion show, or a hangout, or dating service.

Haha Im just playin. Wear what you like and feel good about it. Just dont get mad if you catch me starin. Deal?
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Gym rule #1-Ego at the door. Not a fashion show, or a hangout, or dating service.

Haha Im just playin. Wear what you like and feel good about it. Just dont get mad if you catch me starin. Deal?

It would really just be great for running! I burn up! Lol I just don't see any other girls doing it. Ah, hell maybe Ill ask the front desk people if it's even allowed!! :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

It would really just be great for running! I burn up! Lol I just don't see any other girls doing it. Ah, hell maybe Ill ask the front desk people if it's even allowed!! :)

I hear ya. I burn up in the gym also. Wear what makes you comfortable and lets you get the workout you want.
  • dol826
    dol826 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority. I consider sports bras a bra, not a top all on its own. I wear a tank top or cami over mine. You might want to check with your gym if you haven't seen anyone else doing it.
  • babipari
    babipari Posts: 18
    Options
    If you've got it FLAUNT it :) besides it'll give other people some motivation and incentive hahaa
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    unless I'm wrong about what a sports bra is, wouldn't it be like turning up with just a bra on?

If you wanna show your belly off wear a short t shirt, but is walking round in just a bra not a bit weird?

By the way - the above are actually as questions, because I may well be misunderstanding the situation...
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority. I consider sports bras a bra, not a top all on its own. I wear a tank top or cami over mine. You might want to check with your gym if you haven't seen anyone else doing it.

This. I haven't seen other girls at my gym wearing just a sports bra but I have seen them out jogging before. I think it'd be about like showing up in a regular bra.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

This response gave me such a belly laugh. Thank you. It is so true. If I was your age and could pull if off (both in comfort and
    psychologically) I would go for it!!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I've never seen a woman in my gym wear just a bra and we've been going there for several years. I would wear a tank top or something over the top.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Perhaps holding discussion with the Gym management and asking them if this type of attire is ok? We have some gyms in our area with dress-codes...