can i add this to my exercise amount...

Options
I have a fairly active job,, i work in a hotel and as such am on my feet for a large proportion of my shift,, if i was to get a pedometer with calorie statistics do you think i should put those numbers into my food/exercise diary or will it be seen as normal day to day calorie burnage???

Feel free to add me if you like :)

Replies

• sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    nope - that's where you should be selecting active, or very active, for your daily activity level.
  • 19howie78
    19howie78 Posts: 29
    Options
    aaah right,, i think ive got active there
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    or try using this calc
    http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
    gives you a maintenence figure, for everything you input, then take your 250/500 calories off that
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    That is a no. Also many people are adding too many calories to their diet from exercise. Let's do my BMR=1750 that is about 73 calories that I burn each hour lying in bed doing nothing. Alright, now I work out at the gym for an hour and burn 600 calories say. Now I can't log 600 calories because my body would have burned (BMR) 73 in that hour already. Therefore, I must take 600-73=527 and add that to the diet.
  • malenekai85
    malenekai85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Actually I disagree. For me, my activity at work varies. So, it's case by case. If you are more active on a certain day (like walking more or handling heavier objects etc) I would say add it. You are still burning calories. In the exercise category, there is a place for walking (slow, med, fast). Up to you! Try it out both ways!