Whats your definition of a binge?

Options

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The last time I binged was in high school. We mad a tray of coconut ice, and I ate it all as I walked home from school.
    I've never touched it since.....
    I hate feeling sick - I can't binge.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Eating a whole bag of Cheese Doodles because I wanted something salty after I ate the bag of Chocolate Chips.

LOLOLOLOL :-)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have binge days, especially when I'm losing weight. I wake up hungry. I eat an entire day's worth of calories in one meal. Two hours later, I'm hungry again. I eat another day's worth of food. A few hours later, hungry again, there go another 1000+ calories, and then I end up eating a huge dinner to top it all off. Maybe a sugary snack and four or five sodas late at night. I go to bed feeling like an anaconda that swallowed a llama.

No clue what triggers it. I can be in a perfectly level mood, nothing wrong, nothing exciting going on, either, not mad, not bored, not sad, just hungry.

I think my body just hates me and wants to stay fat.

Funny thing is, I usually see the scale go down a few days after one of these major eat everything in the house and then go out for more binges. I just worry that as I lose more weight it will happen more and more often and then I won't lose anymore.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i think it has to do with how you feel about it, not the number of calories. if you feel out of control and can't stop eating that sounds like a binge to me. my binges are usually from 500-1000 calories on top of what i already ate that day. so if i would have eaten 1700, on a binge day it could be 2700. i think it all depends on the person and how "in control" they feel.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My definition of a binge:

McDonald's for lunch at 11am, McDonald's right after you leave work at 4pm, personal sized pizza with 340 calories in it, Ice cream, cookies, a huge plate of rice and beans, Cool Ranch Doritos [the HUGE bag - I ate half of the bag I swear]...another huge plate of cookies and a huge fizzy drink to finish the night off at 10pm.

Definition of my Saturday & Sunday.
  • ElizBald
    ElizBald Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree with your definition. Bingeing is about control not calories.
    I don't seem to have that problem since I signed on to myfitnesspal. Which is one of many interesting things I've noticed since November. I think it helps I don't regard this as dieting; just keeping track of food and exercise.
    If there is a diet out there I've probably been on it. And off it. So this is a real novelty for me.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    My bingeing....grabbing three mini hershey chocolates instead of just one or ordering two double cheeseburgers....mmmmmmm
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Really appreciate the definition of binges as pertaining to control. I am posting so this will stay in my topics. I want to have reminders when I am tempted or in the midst of uncontrolled eating whether it be carrots or mini chocolate chips. I don't mind the calories, I do mind the out of control eating. That is the behavior I need to understand and control.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My definition of a binge is an insatiable hunger or craving that cant be cured by eating modest amounts of food. I turn into a food tornado, leaving containers as debris and casualties.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    To me a binge insn't calories, it's a whole bag of chips, then some cookies or cake followed by whatever else I can find to munch on. Luckily I haven't had one of those in many years. But I have started with the bag of chips and stopped myself before hitting the cookies, so I know it can still happen. I almost never have chips in the house anymore.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    hiding what you eat from other people and eating as much as you can until you feel guilty or sick
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Eating the floowing in 40 minutes
    2 small bagels with cream cheese and jelly
    1 potato roll pbj
    4 scoops of peanut butter
    20 oz of chocolate milk

I was so bloated, it was funny. That was last night.
    That was after 2 turkey sausage sandhwhichs with cheese. BIG ONES
  • vannie18
    vannie18 Posts: 55
    Options
    hiding what you eat from other people and eating as much as you can until you feel guilty or sick

This ^
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole large cheese pizza and 4 fist sized potato skins with bacon and cheese and sour cream on them the other night.........that count?

probably clocked in at about 3000 calories give or take...........
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I define a binge as a loss of control in eating followed by feelings of guilt/failure.
  • Revenant1066
    Revenant1066 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I define a binge as a loss of control in eating followed by feelings of guilt/failure.

I agree with this completely. And it's something I continue to struggle with. And probably will always struggle with. :/
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've had binges that were a couple hundred cals and binges that were thousands of cals. For me, they are marked by complete loss of control. It's almost like an out of body experience. Sometimes I will cram food after food into my mouth, not really enjoying, not really tasting - just looking for that delicious bite that will bring me happiness.
  • xMadeInChinax
    xMadeInChinax Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Once I have a piece of chocolate, then keep going and going because I can't stop. T.T
  • thelittlefox
    Options
    I've had binges that were a couple hundred cals and binges that were thousands of cals. For me, they are marked by complete loss of control. It's almost like an out of body experience. Sometimes I will cram food after food into my mouth, not really enjoying, not really tasting - just looking for that delicious bite that will bring me happiness.

This, exactly. Very similar to how I'd feel when I would self-harm. Just completely zoned out, mind blank, going through motions waiting for something to feel... better.

When I catch myself shoving food in my face so fast I realize I'm out of breath -- that's scary.
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Standing hunched over the table in the kitchen stuffing slice after slice of cake into your mouth desperately hoping your mum doesn't walk in and catch you.

Buying a bar of chocolate from the vending machine in the school common room, eating it without even tasting it, buying another one straight away, repeat, buy a third, repeat, buy a fourth, repeat, feel sick and disgusted inside while joking with friends about how much of a chocoholic you are.

Binging is the mentality, not the calories.