Frozen Yogurt

Options
Hi, just a little post for those of us with a sweet tooth who find they can't resist nice sweet things sometimes...

I bought myself the 'Snog' frozen yogurt book and made myself up a batch on the weekend.

The plain version consists of fat free natural yogurt, milk, agave nectar and lemon juice. Whips it all up and freeze/or churn if you have an ice cream maker.

Had a portion last night and I think it was something ridiculous like 50-something calories and it certainly gave me the sweetness I had been craving!

Hope this helps some of you xx

Replies

• katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    Yum! I LOVE frozen yogurt. It tastes like I'm eating something bad, but it's actually good!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    is frozen yogurt something different from all the fruit yogurt in the markets? I eat those once in a while now but man they're high in sugar and since I didnt made it, i dont know if the sugar in it is processed or natural (from fruits) so I tend to avoid them. Once in a while its great though to curb the sweet tooth
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Yes I don't just mean freeze a shop-purchased yogurt.

By using agave nectar as a sweetener you use a lot less than you would sugar as it is about 1 1/2 times sweeter, it also has a much lower glycemic index :-)
  • kezereth
    kezereth Posts: 41
    Options
    I have an ice cream maker, i really need to experiment more with this ready for the summer months.