What is your fitness goal?

Options
Mine, I want to lose the fats around my tummy. I am running 3 times a week. I hope I'll be burning fats fast.
What’s your ultimate fitness vision?

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I began running and my goal was just to be able to run. Then it began burning the belly fat, and my goal was to be flat stomached. Then I ran the half marathon and winter came. I can't run in the cold, and miles upon miles aren't feasible on a treadmill, so I switched races. Now I'm training for a Warrior Dash. I'm up 9 pounds in muscle, but still wear the same size clothes. I am toning up and getting stronger, and now my goal is to CRUSH the Warrior Dashes that I'm signed up for this Spring!
  • jpaclibar
    Options
    Yey! Good luck to the upcoming Warrior Dash! I know you are excited.. well for me I will keep my diet and keep running. It takes a lot of effort. Keep me updated with your progress.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My fitness goal right now is to get my body fat down to 20 or 21%. It's already down from 32% when I started a year ago to just 23%. After that, I'll probably try to pick up running or chisel me out some abs. :drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Squat 2x body weight, and then I'll decide from there.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things and run a half-marathon.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Running a 1/2 marathon in September, then my next one is to be able to do a pull up unassisted. No clue how long that goal will take, but I've gone 33 years never being able to do it, so if it takes me another 33, I'm up for the challenge.
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do 3 real pull ups & increase my 1/2 marathon time to 2 hr 20 mins
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    The main motivation for getting fit (as opposed to just losing weight) is to be able to trek to see gorillas and really enjoy it.

I'm getting married in the summer and my honeymoon is a 9week trip in Africa, including going to see the gorillas. Plenty of it will be pretty arduous, and the gorilla trek will be the hardest part I'd imagine.

It would be a right pain in the *kitten* if I get there and spend the hour I have with the gorillas bent over panting!
  • LJgfg
    LJgfg Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Final goal - Ironman
    Stepping towards that - Marathon
    Stepping towards that - Mini Marathon, Ride a bicycle across city to state park (or equivalent destination)
    Stepping towards that - Run complete 5k, Whitewater rafting (won't do the Class 5's again until I'm a strong swimmer - too scary)
    Stepping towards that - Figure out how to ride a bike without it killing my tushy - 13 miles to large city park
    Stepping towards that - Run a mile
    Stepping towards that - Relearn swimming
    Stepping towards that - Do a mile under 18 minutes
    Stepping towards that - Complete Mud Run (untimed)
    Stepping towards that - Support body weight by arms for 2 minutes
    Stepping towards that - Do 50 proper pushups
    Stepping towards that - Go outside every day (and chauffering the kids or running errands doesn't count aka make time for self)
    ....one goal at a time
  • Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    Options
    My fitness goal for now is to be able to run with our baby in the jogging stroller and keep up with my older two on their bikes. The baby isn't even old enough to be in it yet so I am just walking a lot while wearing him and using the elliptical to get myself in shape while he gets a bit older.

My other goal is to be super sexy when my husband sees me in a few months. When he left, I was 8 days postpartum. I'm already down 35.8 lbs since the day he left.
  • menutrit
    menutrit Posts: 19
    Options
    TO COMPLETE TOUGH MUDDER! And a marathon and ultimately, a triathlon :)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    To be able to jog a mile. Right now, just walking to and from the bathroom causes aches and pains. Jogging even for a short time will be quite an accomplishment.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My goal for now is to be able to run a half marathon. My ultimate goal is to do an ultra marathon, 90km.
  • jpaclibar
    Options
    Thank you guys... keep up the good work! For me....it's bad news :( I am not getting any progress. I'm eating a lot at night. I can't help it. The dinner is so delicious every night! :( huhuhu...
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    A senior sixpack. To gain back 10 lbs. I lost but not at my waist. Shoulders, arms and chest.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    To lose inches off of my waist & be able to easily lift girls up easily in cheerleading.