Looking for friends for support and inspiration

Options
2»

Replies

• Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Totally new to this site and finding it very helpful. Would love some friends on here to message/chat to keep me honest in my exercise and food tracking.

Fwiw, I've been tracking my food for months, and thought I was eating okay. But wow, the way this site breaks it down by fat, cal, etc. is a REAL eye opener. I'm finding it super helpful but need to get more motivated.
  • atxgr8life
    atxgr8life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nikki and congrats on taking the step to take charge of your health and wellbeing!! :smile:

This is a journey and transition to be healthy not just now but for the rest of your life and this site is a great support system for that. Fitness and Nutrition is a HUGE passion of mine and I am actually about to start pursuing my certification in personal training. If you have any questions, concerns, etc. I am more than willing to help out.

Cheers,
    Dana
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And btw, I'm trying to figure out how to add friends on here, so feel free to send an invite. (the good news is I know how to accept an invite, lol)
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i just started mfp yesterday and also could use some support! i can also give some :) added you
  • Loisellentimms
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Been off and on this wagon more time than I'd like to admit. What's motivating me now is exercise. Why would I eat that donut if it's going to take me 35 mins on the elliptical to work it off?! I've got a whole new perspective.
  • stephanienicolee
    stephanienicolee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Three pounds already? I'm so jealous! WHat's your cal intake/exercise?
  • cydney13
    cydney13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm just joining this group. My co-worker convinced me to go for it. I've been very successful on losing 75 lbs with weight watchers, but over the last few years I gained back 30 lbs. I thought about going back to weight watchers because I know it works, but I figure this may be more suited for me. I love to exercise, I workout 4-5 days a week. My biggest issue is my downfall to candy and cookies. I've had a lot of medical issues over the last 2 years including surviving breast cancer and a major surgery to remove two extra ribs so my exercise regime was stopped and that probably was part of my downfall. Plus the steroids that I was taking before my 6 cycles of chemo did not help either. I want to lose the 30 lbs that I gained back. I have considered diet drugs, but I know the right way to do it is this way so any support I can get will be very much appreciated. I'll post a picture tonight.