Ok I made a big , big mistake last night .

Options
2»

Replies

• winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. They say you should thank God for all the bad things he brings you because it adds spice to your life and what would life be without challenges. I don't always agree, but its better than thinking all you have is bad luck!

I went toboganning with my husband and one of the boys I do daycare for on Dec. 30. On the second trip down the hill I fell off and separated my ribs. I am only able to start walking at a normal pace now, but I walk for about a half an hour twice a day. It still hurts, but not nearly so bad. I was going crazy not being able to do even that much because I am normally an active person. I have about two weeks to go before I am healed and will still try to take it easy for another couple. I can't wait to get back in shape, though.

So my thoughts are with you and look at tomorrow as a fresh start. There is always tomorrow. Just keep tracking your food and go for a walk if you can't do anything else because that still burns those calories. Chin up and keep on keepin' on.

Good luck, Leslie
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey, guy! Remember that you are a child of God and God don't make no junk. We have to start every thing we do by loving ourselves. I can tell from your posts that you believe in God. He will help you when yoy ask. On the practical side, don't go so long before you eat something, even if you just keep a restaurant package of saltine crakers in your pocket for emergencies. You have made such great progress already! It took years to put the weight on, and it is going to take years to get it off. One day here or there is just a blip in the long term. As for falling, just think that if you were really skinny you would have broken a bone or two! Keep on keepin' on, and it is going to be okay!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Okay...breathe deep.... you CAN do this.

As a baby you didn't just suddenly decide to go from crawling and start running around the house overnight. It's a process and we must learn to build our skills a long the way. One mistake does NOT make you a failure. And, no one succeeds without some bumps and bruises some where a long the way.

So chin up my friend, take a deep breathe, believe in yourself, and journey forward.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Cheers :smile:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy shake it off, one night of over eating won't destroy what you have worked so hard to lose, 15 pounds is huge, your family must be proud of you. I know you can get back on track today or tomorrow (Super Bowl is a ffee day right?) falling off the horse doesn't make you a quitter refusing to get back on does.

I' ve said a prayer for you because you are worth it. :wink:

One last thing start carrying around some granola bars in the car so you don't llet yourself getthat hungry again..That is one of the things I have to do to beat my food addiction.
  • sopper6175
    Options
    Another way to look at this is to step back and view things from that 60,000 foot level. To me, you should be proud of everything you've said. You've started to change your life. Think about it, a year ago, you would have eaten the same amount (if not more) of the pizza -- with no thoughts of a workout -- without looking back. You are tracking your food, your exercise, and progress. It means something. You've changed the way you look at food, the way you look at yourself. You will succeed.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    ((HUGS))
    In the past when I was on a diet and had a bad day...that was it.....all my good eating etc went out the window
    Since finding this site and using the food journal (counting calories)....this has been the first time I went out to eat, messed up and didn't come home and eat the house out and the next day I was back on track

Today is a NEW day...you can have a slip up and get right back on track
    You can DO IT!

Kim
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    WOW BIGJUG! SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE CAPTURED THE HEARTS OF DIETERS AROUND THE WORLD! JUST DONT FORGET, WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. DIETING IS SMALL IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS WE HAVE TO GET ABOVE IN THIS WORLD. YOU GET THROUGH THIS AND MAKE PROGRESS AND THEN YOU LOG IT HERE AND JUST IMAGINE HOW MANY OTHERS YOU ARE GOING TO HELP BY JUST MAKING IT BACK! THINK OF THIS AS SETTING AN EXAMPLE FOR ALL OF US WHO ARE GOING TO BE FACING THE SAME THING SOON OR SOONER. IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE. GET BUSY AND GET BACK AND KEEP POSTING. DONT GO AWAY AND DON'T GIVE UP! YOU CAN DO IT!