Spring Allergies

dubw
dubw Posts: 429
It started this weekend. Pollen from the pines. Now my head and nose is filled .... allergies. In the Spring the pines emit this sticky yellow substance, it gets in and on everything. Car washes make a fortune this time of year. I am not allergic to much, but pine pollen sends my sinuses into a frenzy.

Any seasonal allergies for y'all?

Replies

• Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    My sister lives in SC. I've visited her when the pollen is exploding! Covered the car with yellow powder. Never saw it that thick! It made my allergies go haywire!!

Not to bad here in NY, yet. Trees are all budded, tulips and daffidols are up a few inches. I'm waiting.... ;-P I buy Zyrtec in bulk!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Look for local honey... either farmers market or local supermarket. I drink it in my coffee, my husband and MIL just have a tablespoon every morning. We live in sinus valley OH! My med intake has dropped to almost nothing. Was on Singular and zyrtec! It probably won't help this spring, but does help with resistance build up.

Good luck!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    I get really bad hayfever, I've been in the house so long at the moment I'd forgotten about it. I'm not looking forward to streaming itching eyes and a runny nose!

Usually if I make sure I take the own brand hayfever one a day tablets early on in the season I can keep it at bay a bit.
  • justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    I used to have terrible allergy problems. My chiropractor has really helped them, plus there are some drops you can get at the health food store that fix the rest. I've gone from staying indoors all the time to just a few days out of the year when the pollen count is too high.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Plain trees. I can't walk under one without my throat closing.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    My girl spends the whole winter getting colds, because she has like the worst immune system. Then she spends all summer fighting seasonal allergies.
  • acsmp
    acsmp Posts: 4
    I am allergic to grass hahaha i get bumps all over my arms and hands even if i just smell the fresh cut grass
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Just moved back to my home state of Missouri after living on the Western Coast of Washington state for a few years...and the last two weeks have been horrible. I walk my subdivision loop for exercise - it is just under 2 1/2 miles out in the country, and was miserable the whole time this morning. I really do not want to go on allergy meds - going to wait a week or two and see if my body adjusts on it's own. No fun either way!!!