stretch marks

Options
well after a year of loosing 44lbs and hitting my goal weight i am happy to be maintaining. the problem i have is having my children left me with bad stretch marks on my tummy...................my tummy is nice and flat now and ive managed to get a nice tone across my body but how do i over come the issue of wearing a bikini for the first time in 7 years when i really dont like my stomach :-(

i never thought i would be in a bikini again but after all the hard work i treated myself......need some words of wisdom please xxxxx

Replies

• Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wear those stretch marks proudly! Diet and exercise may have been hard work, but the work you put into your pregnancies and your children's lives is so much harder and has the biggest reward. I see your stretch marks as a trophy, and I know there are people who feel the same way I do! Rock them, wear them proudly, and every time you look at them discouragingly, remember that without them, you wouldn't have your children. :smile:
  • mollieMoo06
    Options
    thank you, they are nice words and very true, think i just need to do it and hopefully that will boost my self confidence. no one will know me cos we are going abroad so that makes it easier xxx
  • vmassey88
    vmassey88 Posts: 73
    Options
    Wear those stretch marks proudly! Diet and exercise may have been hard work, but the work you put into your pregnancies and your children's lives is so much harder and has the biggest reward. I see your stretch marks as a trophy, and I know there are people who feel the same way I do! Rock them, wear them proudly, and every time you look at them discouragingly, remember that without them, you wouldn't have your children. :smile:

I agree 100%
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! You've worked hard now it's time to enjoy. Who cares about stretch marks! Rock the bikini mama! :wink:
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i completely agree with all the above posts. i have extremely bad stretchmarks on my tummy (was told by the midwife at my 38 week scan back in the day that i had the worst stretchmarks she had ever seen... lovely confidence booster!) but im proud, they remind me of the fact, i am a mummy, and if i even get skinny enough, ill wear a bikini, i dont care about the stretchmarks!
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Maderma. It's expensive but it does reduce the visibility of them, my sister used it. I've heard good things about burt bee's mama bee stuff too, but haven't tried it. I use Garnier's body repair cream it comes in a big red bottle, they are fading but I don't think they will ever go away. I don't mind my stretch marks really. It was a long and hard road to get pregnant for me, the stretch marks remind me to be thankful.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    As weird as it may sound, my stretchmarks have blended in more with my skin ever since I started exposing them to the sun and tanning. I still have them of course but they look much much better :wink:
  • nodellsj
    nodellsj Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    maderma is amazing and i agree tanning helps them blend in eventually they will turn from white to red, there are skin resurfacing treatments, like microdermabrasian that can help (spelling?) but if your looking for cheap i would go with straight vitamin E oil. its a little sticky so rub it in good before bed every night and you'll def see a difference.
  • mollieMoo06
    Options
    thank you all, it took us a long time to get preg aswel and lots of ups and downs so i will never be sorry i have them for that reason but they do knock my confidence especially when people say oh they cant be that bad then go 'oohhh' when i show them lol. i call them my mummy lines tho :-)
    suppose its just about getting out of my comfort zone. a few people have said the sun will help them fade and i use bio oil at the mo but its not really helping as much as i hoped it would. i dont mind looking at them but i dont like the thought of the reaction i might get from others iykwim xxx