CAKE IN THE BREAKROOM!!!

Options
Okay so there's birthday cake in the breakroom where I work. I've already eaten my lunch but I'm still hungry and that cake is so calling me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Laura021967
    Laura021967 Posts: 42
    Options
    Okay so there's birthday cake in the breakroom where I work. I've already eaten my lunch but I'm still hungry and that cake is so calling me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Go drink 8 oz of water - quick!

STAY AWAY FROM THE BREAKROOM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

Drink some water to curb your hunger, and besides, I saw someone flick a boggie on the cake. yuck!
  • motivated1
    motivated1 Posts: 8
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!! We'll all had plenty of time for cake in our lives!
    This is our time to shine.
    Stay strong.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The last guy that got a piece of cake sneezed allllllll over it!!! :sick:
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's not worth it! It probably doesn't taste good, because when are places of employment willing to fork out more money for the good stuff!? :) hehe
  • Laura021967
    Options
    You guys are great!!! And WAY TOO FUNNY!! Okay, so I'm drinking my water and I stuck a piece of gum in my mouth.............not as good as cake............but I think my 'craving' has passed.........but trust me if it hasn't I'LL BE BACK!!!

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm usualy OK if I can't smell it. Get as far away from it as you can.
  • troyjill44
    troyjill44 Posts: 31
    Options
    every time you think of going to get a piece, think about how much exercise you'd need to do to get rid of it- :noway:

it's definitely not worth it!
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Such good advice! Thanks
  • jcarter0525
    jcarter0525 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hurry up and drink a lot of water. If you're still hungry, try to find a granola bar or a piece of fruit. Pretend the cake isn't there.
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    go look up the calorie count for the cake. That kept me away from birthday carrot cake today!
  • MrsMMeyer
    MrsMMeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    chew a piece of powerful mint sugarless gum, it works well. :flowerforyou:
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Trust me it is not worth it...I ate the left over cake when I walked through the door before even eating any lunch big mistake now the only calories left today is less then 300 for dinner...Everything adds up so quick now I have to go swim or jog again to knock off the extra calories. One 30 min jog only burns one chocolate chip cookie....Over a year of one extra cookie puts on an extra 14 lbs. Just keep chewing gum and drinking water till you can get out of there...

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]202554.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Stop freaking out its only cake...:bigsmile: just like any other food your could over indulge in..go have 3 bites and be done with it more than likely if its in the break room its dry and not even worth lifting the fork...have a few bites and decide...and if by chance u like it then have the rest of the SMALL slice but be accountable and its friday so that means no goodies while you watch your fav tv shows this weekend....now tell me is the cake worth it? 3 minutes at best of oral satisfaction....verses a cozy night at home with a full portion of your favorite treat relaxing at home. Plus do you really want a cake that everyone has been whooing over ..yuk
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    that cake has swine flu. leave it.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    that cake has swine flu. leave it.
    swine flu, rofl.
  • blueyezz83
    blueyezz83 Posts: 4
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as looking good. :love:
  • Laura021967
    Options
    I looked up the calories for this cake and it was around 450 and that was just for a basic cake w/icing whereas this bd cake has candy decorations on at as well, which I'm sure adds that much more calories to it.

I've just never had any willpower. I would try to talk myself out of indulging in something bad but then I would eat it anyway. I never had anyone I could talk to about it like now..........so thanks guys for all your support. You all have definitely helped me over this 'mini crisis' I was having...........

FYI........working on my 2nd bottle water since 'my craving' began!
  • Laura021967
    Options
    I gave into temptation. I'm not going to blame the person who brought the cake or anyone else. I chose to walk into that breakroom and have myself a piece of cake. I regretted it afterwards BIG TIME but it's done and there's nothing I can do about it now. I just dealt with it and the following day I worked out harder and since my slip up on Friday I have done so good with my eating AND my workouts.