New Clothes!

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I've no idea why this didn't occur to me when I started my journey but have been somewhat amazed this last weekend when putting winter woolies away and getting summer things out by the amount of clothes that don't fit me anymore! .. last summer I was a size 20! .. I just got into some NEXT jeans 14 a few weeks back... though the size 14 PJ's I got from Disney shop at xmas only 3 months back are now hanging off me! .. and the Rocha John Rocha sweater my inlaws bought me for xmas which is meant to be a 14 but is resembling tent on me already!

My coats are 3 sizes too big so just been looking on eBay for a new waterproof with fleece as have dog to walk everyday... and I'm in Yorkshire... rain is a daily or at least weekly event.. lol!

I have to say it never occurred to me that I'd be in a position where I only had one pair of Jeans that fit properly and a few T-shirts that had been too small and tight fitting the other summer! .. I'm just about keeping the size 18 tracksuit pants up by fastening them as tight as they will go but they were a small close fitting size anyway so I was actually in 16's before they fit me comfortably as all my weight was around my abdomen.

I also never expected my boobs to shrink so much I was just trying to lose my tummy and my boobs have gone down from a 40DD to a 34B! .. I lost loads more of neck and top of body which I never predicted as I was focusing on my tummy and I never measured any other parts at beginning only waist and around tummy which have gone from 48" around tummy to 34 and 38 waist to 30 ".. my thighs are looking longer and slimmer probably from the passive trainer bike and seem to have loads of extra material in trouser legs! these days

I took some pics on camera but then can't find my USB stick for the HD card so had to get another off ebay, when that comes I'll transfer some pics and post them.

I'm just 3llbs off my goal now... weighed in at 9st 10 (136lbs) today, my goal is 9st 7 (133) and I started at 12st 7 (175lbs) last June.. the clothes in this profile pic is when I just got into UK 14's (previously 20) last month.

Replies

• DanTheRunningMan
    Options
    Congratulations-- you truly inspire me!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome journey! :) Can't wait to see the pics! I bet you have less neck and back pain going from a 40DD to 34B! Congrats on all of your hard work :)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! Incredibly well done, luv!
  • shakybabe
    Options
    Yes, I never thought of my boobs as the cause of the back pain I assumed it was coming from my Ataxia as the lower back pain and stiffness was one of my first symptom before my mobility probs started back in 2003.

can see outline of my collarbones now nearly but was still hoping to lose a bit more off tummy without losing too much more from off top as I do want some boobs left!! .. there starting to look a bit like someone sat on them and they deflated abit! :laugh:

I've switch to post pregnancy exercises instead of loads of cardio now to see if can just tighten up the tummy muscles abit more now I've got most of the fat off!.. I think I'm happy with been size 12-14 and am 43yrs old this June. I was worried the weightloss around face and neck makes me look older and in my 40's now? (I've always looked much younger than my age when I had 'chubby' face)

I've packed clothes into suitcase under bed just in case weight goes back on as I still have the menopause to get through and have been told I could gain it all back! .. I might have to stay eating at a deficit to keep the weight off through menopause?
    651055 Posts: 32
    Options
    yeah, 9stone 7pds is a NICE size - Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    so amazing! I cannot wait to see your pics! Well done! Seriously, seriously well done!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congrats!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Great job! :) All your hardwork is paying off.

I tried on some summer clothes recently...things I couldn't wear last season because of the extra 10lbs...and I am pleasantly surprised that I can wear them again! For once it is a good thing I hung on to those clothes...haha I can't wait to wear my short shorts again!
  • Emberlure
    Emberlure Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this today! Thank you for sharing your story!
    Options
    I've packed clothes into suitcase under bed just in case weight goes back on as I still have the menopause to get through and have been told I could gain it all back! .. I might have to stay eating at a deficit to keep the weight off through menopause?

Give the clothes to charity - enjoy and accept who you are now.
    By keeping your bigger, old-you clothes, you're sort of half allowing yourself to fit back into them iykwim.
    Don't look back - keep an eye on your diet and continue your fitness routine and even with menopause, your weight wont go up that much.

Well done, it's a huge achievement !
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    Congrats! Losing weight can be expensive!!! Having to replace your wardrobe is a pain but a MUST! Buy clothes a little at a time, until your fine your stable weight range.

P.S. my boobs are history too, so I feel your pain.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I needed to read this today! Thank you for sharing your story!

ditto!

Great inspiration thank you, and of course WELL DONE!
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Amazing feeling!
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm just 3llbs off my goal now... weighed in at 9st 10 (136lbs) today, my goal is 9st 7 (133) and I started at 12st 7 (175lbs) last June.. the clothes in this profile pic is when I just got into UK 14's (previously 20) last month.

Well done on you loss - you be so proud!

I know what you mean about nothing fitting - having the same issues :)

Sorry, but I have to question this.....Are you sure you were a UK size 20 @ 175 lbs!!?? I was that @ 206 Lbs & am now down to a 14 @ 179 Lbs.Seems rather odd. I know we are all different shapes, but something tells me you were perhaps hiding under baggy cloths already too big for you :)
  • shakybabe
    Options
    Yes I was wearing UK 20 at 12st 7 but my boobs were big and my tummy nearly as big as my boobs.. lol!

Also I'm sat in wheelchair all day so very tight fitting clothes were uncomfortable and made me sore around tops of legs. I also found it difficult to self propel manual chair in tops that were so tight they looked as if they were sprayed on.. they always rip at seams under the armpit if they were too tight cos of the constant motion.. so I've always like a bit of room in my clothes!

Last year though there was no way I would have even got the 14 jeans up over tummy, let alone fastened, or got into the 14 tops tight clothes are also harder to pull on when you're dressing from a chair or laying on the bed and my movements are jerky!

It's still nice to get to the stage where 14's are roomy on me! I use powerchair most of time now so can wear tops a little more fitted, I'm starting to get in some 12's as my boobs have shrunk so much!! :laugh:
    Options
    didn't realize you were in a wheelchair - all the more RESPECT for your achievement - makes me feel bad for not doing my fitness and making lame excuses. More Power to you
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Great job :bigsmile:
  • Miss_Krystle
    Miss_Krystle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That is truly so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your story!!
  • missmacknz
    Options
    Congratulations - I'm sooo pleased for you - you really have shown me that the key to this is to just keep on going - every day, regardless and it will pay off.

I am sitting here smiling at the screen over your success :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!