where to go to find dates

Options
hey everyone here is my situation i am 30 i live in orlando in back in september i was 242 pounds i have been overweight my whole life and never have had high self esteem because of it now after sersouly working my butt off i am down to 165 pounds i now want to start getting my feet wet in the dating world but i just don't know where to start as being a shy person i think everyone can see how scary this can be for me any ideas would be gladly welcome

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    You need to start as you put it getting your feet wet, get out there out yourself into places situations where you can come into contact with the ladies. Doesn't have to be anything serious, just casual social scenarios where no one especially yourself are going to be under any pressure. Just get to chatting first, get your confidence up, roll with the punches. Not every girl is going to be open to start a conversation up with a random. Just get a feel on the way your acting, things your saying but at the same time don't think about it too much!

Don't try to hard, woman like confidence they don't like cockiness!! They like easy going and someone who can make them laugh. Say at least one thing nice to them, comment on their hair, eyes, smile, the dress they are wearing. Don't talk about yourself too much, little as possible. Unless asked, then answer and then turn it back to being about them.

Can't help you much geographically as I'm in Australia. But Internet dating might be good thing if your s little shy as you can hide behind the computer a little as you learn about each other.

I was a serial dater last year, not being a man *kitten* but honestly looking for someone special, it's all fun mate, don't take it all to serious and take rejection with a grain of salt when you can, learn from it, better yourself and you'll learn more bout yourself on the way. Good luck!
  • mattjolsen
    Options
    I'll second online dating. I met my fiancee there ;)
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I'll second online dating. I met my fiancee there ;)

Yeah it's good, one of the best ways these days. Much more common.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The abortion clinic.

Emotionally vulnerable + sexually loose = win.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The abortion clinic.

Emotionally vulnerable + sexually loose = win.

Ding, ding,ding! We have a WINNER!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I agree with online. I met my wife on matchmaker.com Married for 11 years and have a great 9year old son. :-)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This will sound a little silly, but buy a dating book or two. Seriously, you don't have to "play the game" or anything, but it will help you with some insight into the world of dating. Basically, I don't believe in playing games, if you like someone, tell them, etc. but, the books out there, which are designed to "hook you up" will help you understand the psychology of dating. I don't know, it was a big help for me when I was getting back out there.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am getting married to the awesome man I met on match.com. I can also name literally 10 people off the top of my head who are dating, engaged, or married to someone they met on Match.