Bowflex or P90X?

Options
Mainly for getting cut/ripped (not super huge)...

Replies

• btworthen
    btworthen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No one has an opinion huh? Interesting...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Never tried PX90 but I'd settle for free weights & a decent bench over a bowflex ( they're great machines but unless you pick one up used $$$$$$ and I've found they're overly complex to use but that just may be me - I find the controllers on a PS3 overly complex too)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    P90x.

Bow flex is more about selling you a machine. P90x is not about that. It's about working your butt off. You can do it with very little investment.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    P90x = muscle confusion
    bowflex= repetition

muscle confusion works...
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you want to go Bowflex, get their adjustable dumbbells, and then buy p90x.

As a side note, if you are not in great shape, p90x might be too hard and cause injury. You could start with one of their other programs to get in shape and then "graduate" to p90x. I think the old Power 90 looks a bit dated, but have heard it is a decent workout. I have done Chalean Extreme and it is very good. It is marketed toward women (3 women in the "class" and only one man), but it is solid even as a man (plus there is some eye candy). It has a heavy emphasis on shoulders and legs but don't worry, you also do arms and pushups too. No pullups in CE though. I was coming back from a rotator cuff issue so I chose CE and I am glad I did. I have gained a good amount of strength without re-injuring my shoulder.

Good luck!