Hi there

Options
jaxbeck
jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
Good morning folks! I've been using the app for a few weeks, first time on the website. My goal is 15-20 pounds & to get stronger! I've been doing cardio and strength training 4 days a week most weeks and have been eating more healthy.I'm focused on veggies and protein at the moment. Trying to give up the soda or at least just make it a treat....haven't had one in 6 days!

Happy weightloss!

Replies

• rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I used to drink soda everyday, now I have only had 3 soda's in the past 6 months. :-)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Soda is my weakness...especially Cherry Coke!! Since getting back on MFP I think I have had maybe 3 sodas. I used to drink at least 3 a day. It makes a huge difference!!

Feel free to add me, the more the merrier!
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    Soda is definitely my weakness! I was drinking a huge fountain coke every day at work....fountain sodas is like crack to me! lol
  • thatwitch1
    thatwitch1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE Soda every day but since I cut it out of my diet a few months ago I find I like it more as a "treat" now! It's worth the wait :) Keep up the good work jaxbeck!!
  • Kristy0728
    Options
    I am starting my 3rd day of no soda, I think I am slightly addicted to Diet Cherry Pepsi. ;)

Welcome! And good work getting rid of the soda!
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    That's what I was thinking....let it be a once a week treat rather than a "staple"!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking....let it be a once a week treat rather than a "staple"!

:smile:
  • Talula68
    Talula68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey guys - pretty new to MFP but wondering what's soo bad about soda?? I have to admit to drinking probably about 1ltr a day of Diet Coke!!!
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    Sugar, high fructose corn syrup and sodium. Plus it's empty calories, does nothing for you.There have actually been studies that it makes you crave food. I love it too! I just gotta cut it down. Tomorrow will be a week...I never thought I could go that long!!
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love diet Coke. But I have to believe that whatever chemicals and non-fattening sweeteners they put into it have got to be bad for me. I have heard that these diet drinks actually cause some kind of response in your body that eventually leads to MORE weight gain. Something about tricking the body into thinking it is getting sugar and then when the body doesn't actually get the sugar, it creates a hunger craving.
  • Talula68
    Talula68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - sounds logical but I'm still not sure!!! its my only real vice (obviously apart from chocolate and cakes!!!) :wink:
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    I love diet Coke. But I have to believe that whatever chemicals and non-fattening sweeteners they put into it have got to be bad for me. I have heard that these diet drinks actually cause some kind of response in your body that eventually leads to MORE weight gain. Something about tricking the body into thinking it is getting sugar and then when the body doesn't actually get the sugar, it creates a hunger craving.

I have heard the same! I don't consume any artificial sweeteners...that I know of! I try to be very careful with the label reading
  • brayjr
    brayjr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Got rid of the Diet Pepsi!
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good luck with getting rid of the soda. My crack is Cherry Coke Zero!
  • jaxbeck
    Options
    Good luck with getting rid of the soda. My crack is Cherry Coke Zero!

Mine is Coke! F'ing love it!
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    Good Luck with the soda. Diet Dr. Pepper is my crack. I have tried to give it up and go to unsweet tea with splenda but then I heard splenda wasn't good for you either so.....I am hoping when summer gets here I will drink more water. I just don't like water and when I work nights I REALLY need the caffine.
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • immonica
    immonica Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a Pepsi freak!! Today is my first to everything so I am happy to know that I am not alone with the soda addiction :) Cannot wait to see one of those "tickers" of weight loss for me. You guys are doing great!! Very encouraging!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely Sweet Tea. I know that doesn't mean much to people not on the East Coast of the US, but I love sweet tea.......The only way I have been able to avoid it is I do the following. I carry a 1G jug of water around with me during the day and I can't drink anything else until it's gone......Most of the time by the time it's gone I just drink more water.......Once in a while I will have a sweet tea.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you are in right place and u can take care of the 20lbs u looking for ... good luck ... add up if you like