Staying OFF the scale challenge.

Options
JDHINAZ
JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
So. I've been doing a lot of big talk about "how I need to make a lifestyle change, not just diet". You know, really focusing on eating the right stuff in the right amounts, developing a workout routine I can stick with, improving my general health. But, then I get on the scale I get depressed because I haven't lost what I think I should have for that week. I diligently journal all my foods and exercises, so mentally know I'm doing good, but emotionally I sabatoge myself with negative feeilngs.

So, I thought what if I don't get on the scale? Focus on eating what I should (pretty much the food pyramid, with a few mods) exercising, and just paying attention to how I feel everyday, but not weighing myself for a few weeks. I see this challenge was done a couple years ago, but I'm wondering if anyone wants to try it with me. I'm going to try it for 2 weeks, starting Monday, May 11 and weighing in again on Memorial Day, May 25. Anyone want to try? If not, anyone want to be my support while I give it a go?

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    Options
    So. I've been doing a lot of big talk about "how I need to make a lifestyle change, not just diet". You know, really focusing on eating the right stuff in the right amounts, developing a workout routine I can stick with, improving my general health. But, then I get on the scale I get depressed because I haven't lost what I think I should have for that week. I diligently journal all my foods and exercises, so mentally know I'm doing good, but emotionally I sabatoge myself with negative feeilngs.

So, I thought what if I don't get on the scale? Focus on eating what I should (pretty much the food pyramid, with a few mods) exercising, and just paying attention to how I feel everyday, but not weighing myself for a few weeks. I see this challenge was done a couple years ago, but I'm wondering if anyone wants to try it with me. I'm going to try it for 2 weeks, starting Monday, May 11 and weighing in again on Memorial Day, May 25. Anyone want to try? If not, anyone want to be my support while I give it a go?
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I actually do this. I was WAY to obsessed with the scale and a friend of mine weigh in every two weeks. We set a goal for that time period.

I would love to do this with you. Really it's not so different from doing it every week. GOOD LUCK! May 25 here we come! This is about the same time I check in with my friend.
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    This is my first week and I think I will give it a shot...
    I would really like to be like my photo.. ((i'm younger then ))
    Good luck girls :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    And if you ever get a crave to go weight urself just think about out little challenge :smile: :smile: :wink: :wink:
    Good Luck x
    Vicky x
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    This is my first week and I think I will give it a shot...
    I would really like to be like my photo.. ((i'm younger then ))
    Good luck girls :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    And if you ever get a crave to go weight urself just think about out little challenge :smile: :smile: :wink: :wink:
    Good Luck x
    Vicky x
  • foxyketty1206
    foxyketty1206 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm obsessed with the scale too, i weigh myself every single day! I know i shouldn't, be i can't help it. I'll take this challenge with you, and see how it works out
  • pbdesperate
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a month usually. I still get depressed when I see I actually gained instead of lost. I try to be good, but dieting is not my thing. Never had to worry about weight, until an injury put be on the side line and motivation is a hard thing for me. This year I've said I've got to change, and I hope to. So my first step is Motivate. I can't motivate myself, so do it. Throw the scale away and do the best you can and it will happen. A co-worker said you need to think positive and it will happen..
    So be positive, throw the scale away and enjoy and eat healthy and exercise. That is my game plan!
    Good luck!
  • JDHINAZ
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm glad to see we can have a little support group amongst ourselves. I'll check in now and then and let you know how I'm doing. I hope you'll do the same. We'll be in touch.
  • JDHINAZ
    Options
    Hi All!
    Happy Monday morning! It's day one for me to focus more on eating right and exercising for the long term benefits instead of letting the scale dictate my every mood. I'm not going to get back on the scale until Memorial Day. I'll be glad to get any support your willing to offer and I'll do the same.

Have a great day!