How did YOU lose belly fat????

Options
erinl84
erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
Hi all. I seem to be losing inches everywhere and my legs are getting very muscular which is great, but my tummy is still very ummm....squishy??? ;) i cant seem to get rid of the belly fat. is cardio the only thing that will do it?? i dont belong to a gym; just do my jillian dvds at home.....

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I ate less food.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My thoughts is you can not target one area. When your body burns fat it burns it from where ever. It will eventually come off there. I always lose weight in my face first. My wedding band falls right off my finger now but I still have about 25 lbs to lose just in my stomach. I even lost a 1/2 inch on my arms lol. I am glad my arms look more defined but darn it I want it gone from my stomach! :-) It will get there.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did P90x and the 30 day shred a few months ago and it helped. I've had 4 pregnancies and the last one was twins, so the squishiness is not going to go completely away without surgery but things have really flattened out by building muscle underneath :)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Same way I'm losing the rest of my fat. Moving more, eating less.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The belly is the last to go the the first to notice if I gain. It will happen. Keep up the good work.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I always lose it there LAST, but when I do running it seems to help a little faster in all areas. But unfort we can't tell our body where to lose first (damn it!!!)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The belly is the last to go the the first to notice if I gain. It will happen. Keep up the good work.

This is true for me also. Just keep doing what you are doing.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Isn't it frustrating???? I think everyone is right though. Less food (especially those simple carbs!!!!!!) and more burning...and time. Just keep at it. If you've had babies it will most likely never be "the same" again but it can be a new version of fabulous!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    kettlebells
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    drinking lots of water, doing lots of cardio and eating a lot of clean foods. also, strengthening my core. my stability ball saved my life!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    yup first place on last place off for me, it will go, once everything else has.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    i do cardio and wait for my body to decide where it wants to burn fat from.
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I very rarly do any ab workouts..but still have defined missection. I attribute it mainly to cardio and HIIT. ...and obviously good eating habits.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Running/jogging really helped me...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My thoughts is you can not target one area. When your body burns fat it burns it from where ever. It will eventually come off there. I always lose weight in my face first. My wedding band falls right off my finger now but I still have about 25 lbs to lose just in my stomach. I even lost a 1/2 inch on my arms lol. I am glad my arms look more defined but darn it I want it gone from my stomach! :-) It will get there.

I agree, just be patient. Different people's bodies hold on to fat in different places. For my, my stomach goes first but my butt likes to hold on the the extra fat just to be annoying. Keep working, make sure you're strengthening the muscle underneath the fat, and you'll see results eventually :)
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Right before my wedding, my wedding dress was tight right in the belly area. I ate low carb and worked out (ran on treadmill) and it flattened my abdomen out so it wasn't snug for the BIG day!
  • emmaholmes38
    Options
    running is the best thing and of course lots of abs
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Cardio and core work. I still have a little squishiness left but just started Insanity yesterday so I'm hoping that will tone the rest up!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It takes time but jogging/running helped me in the long run :flowerforyou:
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, you can't really target areas for fat loss. You have to keep creating a deficit in calories and eventually the fat will come off of your belly as well.

That being said, RUNNING and the Ab Ripper video from P90X have shredded my stomach. I attribute getting a flat stomach post-twins to running 4 days per week.

It will happen! Just keep up your good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!