Does it matter what time of day you eaat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fatloosa
    Fatloosa Posts: 75
    Options
    BIG FAT MYTH.

Eat when you are hungry. It doesn't matter when that is. Our ancient ancestors didn't worry about what time of day it was. My guess is the biggest meal was in the evening after being out all day hunting. Breakfast was any scraps that might be left over - no refrigerators back then.

Too many "rules" these days on how and when to eat. No wonder it's so confusing. Heck sometimes even when I'm hungry I don't eat. Since dropping my carbs and increasing my fat hunger has become a very pleasant feeling rather than a WHEN'S MY NEXT MEAL!!!! feeling.

My biggest meal is always the evening - sometimes it's my only meal and then I just go all out (12oz steak anyone??!!). AM is coffee (maybe with some coconut oil in it or maybe A Taste of Thai coconut milk). First meal is any time between 10am and 2pm - it might be eggs/bacon or it might be a can of coconut milk with some protein powder added (I'm about 80% Primal); dinner is anywhere between 6pm and 10pm. Turned out all my digestive issues were due to grains and legumes and flour and sugar - not what time at night I ate.
  • Fatloosa
    Options
    BIG FAT MYTH.

Eat when you are hungry. It doesn't matter when that is. Our ancient ancestors didn't worry about what time of day it was. My guess is the biggest meal was in the evening after being out all day hunting. Breakfast was any scraps that might be left over - no refrigerators back then.

Too many "rules" these days on how and when to eat. No wonder it's so confusing. Heck sometimes even when I'm hungry I don't eat. Since dropping my carbs and increasing my fat hunger has become a very pleasant feeling rather than a WHEN'S MY NEXT MEAL!!!! feeling.

My biggest meal is always the evening - sometimes it's my only meal and then I just go all out (12oz steak anyone??!!). AM is coffee (maybe with some coconut oil in it or maybe A Taste of Thai coconut milk). First meal is any time between 10am and 2pm - it might be eggs/bacon or it might be a can of coconut milk with some protein powder added (I'm about 80% Primal); dinner is anywhere between 6pm and 10pm. Turned out all my digestive issues were due to grains and legumes and flour and sugar - not what time at night I ate.

Thanks good advice x
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    my own doctor told me not to eat after 7pm as your metabolism slows down in preparation for sleep, however because im usually playing sports after 7, then i end up eating late after that!
    You see your doctor is an idiot. Like the world is suppose to stop before 7pm. What about us night shift workers? Am I suppose to starve?

To answer the OP question. I eat before and after my workout. Just two large meals, sometimes I only eat once a day.
  • Fatloosa
    Options
    thanks for all your answers, information, knowledge, views, encouragement and humour nad support. Much appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • RootsWithin
    Options
    BIG FAT MYTH.

And you look great on it!

Your post has made me feel a lot better. I usually feel guilty if i don't do the early breakfast thing and forcing food down at regular intervals whether I am hungry or not :(
  • RootsWithin
    Options
    Eat when you feel hungry!!!! I generally try not to snack (hmmm easier said than done) and get into a routine of 3 meals a day.

Love your profile pic by the way! : )

Thanks it's my passport photo lol

LOL :D