• sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4

Agreed! Love my Polar!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    just got the polar ft4....here is the link...it was under $62.00.....love this!

http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT4?s=fg&gclid=CIjkp67U164CFQdN4AodJyGllQ

and shipping is FREE!
  • witchie13
    witchie13 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks ya'll. I will check into it!!!

Is it hard to use? I am new to this whole "exercise thing" and calorie counting. I have ALOT of weight to lose but am not pressing myself to do it quickly. I know it will come with time!!!
  • bfitzzy
    bfitzzy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. It's perfect (unless you're a runner and need GPS).
    It's VERY quick and easy to use! The least expensive one I've found is on: http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_ft_series_heart_rate_monitors
  • krislshoe
    Options
    super easy to use!
  • witchie13
    Options
    @brookefitz- I am definitely not a runner.... YET :happy:

@krislshoe- thanks!
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 and runkeeper on my cell for GPS - awesome combination for runners!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    ditto on the polar ft4. I used to have the ft7 and only needed to know heart rate and calorie counter so i was easily able to downgrade
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 too from bodytronics. I hate reading manuals so I found this quick get started video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNZZJGatALo
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i know that you never hear anyone comment on this one but i looked at the polar and wasn't that impressed and end up buying a GAIAM SE336M it works for everything that i need.
  • witchie13
    Options
    Thanks. I will check them out!
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump to check later
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Another big fan of the Polar FT4! It's super easy to use. The hardest part is getting it set up initially with your personal info. After that, all you have to do is wet the strap before each use, rinse it of after each use, clean it occassionally (toss it in the washer with your bras in a lingerie bag but don't machine dry!) and make sure the strap is tight enough so that it gets a proper reading. Oh, and of course you'll want to update it as you lose weight to make sure the calorie count is correct.

I've never used anything other than Polars so can't say how well the other brands work but I do want to advise you to make sure you get one with a chest strap. The watch only types are cheaper but they're not as accurate.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ePulse2
  • rachelgoutos
    Options
    I am also looking into a good HRM, but am wondering about the watch and chest strap lengths for the Polar FT4. Can anyone who has this let me know the length of the bands for the watch and chest strap? Mens or womens version. Thanks!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krislshoe
    Options
    I am also looking into a good HRM, but am wondering about the watch and chest strap lengths for the Polar FT4. Can anyone who has this let me know the length of the bands for the watch and chest strap? Mens or womens version. Thanks!

it says on the website that the length goes from 27" to 54"...its stretchy...hope this helps
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7 (women's). Best fitness related purchase ever!
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    just got the polar ft4....here is the link...it was under $62.00.....love this!

http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT4?s=fg&gclid=CIjkp67U164CFQdN4AodJyGllQ

and shipping is FREE!

Thanks for this info! I just purchased mine too! Can't wait to strap that puppy on! :bigsmile: