Healthy Grocery List??

Options
chelbel89
chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
Hi there! I am about to head to the store to stock up on more nutritious food! I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand at finding some healthy options that I have not already beaten to death on our menu?!? :tongue: Just give it a go, and we will see what I come up with! :happy:

Replies

• greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, quinoa, salmon, egg beaters all whites, all fruits, trail mix, peanut butter, sara lee 45 calorie bread, chicken, birds eye steamers frozen section, kashi go lean crunch cereal, 1% milk, sweet peppers, carrots, hummus, water, string cheese, oatmeal, and the list can go on you get the gist :)
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    All of what greenhumancla said, and I'd throw in some turkey cutlets, spinach, kiwi (I forgot how good this is mixed with strawberries), strawberries, blueberries, a new fat free or low fat dressing that you haven't tried before, some avocado, ingredients for an egg white omlet like colored peppers and mushrooms....I could go on and on....great, now I'm hungry!
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You've probably already gone now, but Sugar-Free Jello, Sugar-Free popsicles, Baby Bel Light Cheese rounds, Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt, Walden's Farm 0 cal dressings and I saw the other day they make ketchup. Salad greens. Cold cuts without nitrates. There is a brand that doesn't have them, but can't recall the name right now. I like the smoked turkey breast. Low carb whole wheat tortillas to use in place of bread. Atkins shakes and bars. Raw almonds. Tuna in water. Quaker Old Fashioned Oats. Quaker has some new quick oats that are low carb. I haven't seen them except on the shows, so I forget the particulars. Rice cakes if you are doing more carbs. Check the labels though. Some flavors are loaded. 93% lean ground beef. Boneless skinless chicken breast. Sirloin. Radishes. Oranges. Tomatoes. Papaya. Apples. Bananas, but watch the carbs on them.
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Shop the perimeter of the grocery store and try to stay out of the aisles.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Shop the perimeter of the grocery store and try to stay out of the aisles.

So true! I've learned that when I completely avoid those aisles and don't buy sugary cereals, chips, cheese dips, candy, etc, I don't crave it at home. There's no worse temptation than having a bag of Doritos in the pantry.