Lunch ideas for work

Options
I need help with this. Im getting bored of soup and low fat sandwiches! I need an interesting but easy idea!

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I try to cook a chicken breast the night before & bring either salad loaded with veggies or pita bread & veggies. I like chicken & hummus as well. Lots of protein. I make sure to bring a ton of healthy food with me so I won't get tempted. Veggies, fruit, nuts.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a small portion of leftovers from the night before as my "main" dish. On top of that I bring:

Oatmeal
    hard boiled egg whites
    fruit (2-3 pieces)
    raw veggies
    unsalted almonds
    Greek yogurt

Sometimes I bring a wrap instead of a sandwich: low carb wrap, low sodium turkey breast, fresh spinach leaves and salsa makes a nice one.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
  • lainie71
    lainie71 Posts: 17
    Options

Loved this site! Some great ideas I will definitely use :)

Thanks for sharing!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a small portion of leftovers from the night before as my "main" dish. On top of that I bring:

Oatmeal
    hard boiled egg whites
    fruit (2-3 pieces)
    raw veggies
    unsalted almonds
    Greek yogurt

Sometimes I bring a wrap instead of a sandwich: low carb wrap, low sodium turkey breast, fresh spinach leaves and salsa makes a nice one.

This is the same thing I do. Its nice to be able to just grab leftovers and go in the morning.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad:
    Chuck light tuna (50 calories for the can)
    Helmens Low fat w/ olive oil mayo: 1 tsp
    Sweet relish: 1 tbsp

Chicken salad:
    Short cuts grilled chicken: 1/2 cup is 90calories
    Wish Bone light ranch: 1 tsp (35 calories)
    1/4 cup cubed cucumber

Chicken fijita pita:
    Low fat Pita or Low card wrap (they have ones for like 80 calories or less)
    1/2 cup of grilled chicken
    1/4 cup of peppers
    1 tsp light sour cream
    1 tbsp salsa
    1/4 cup light mexican blend cheese
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Cous cous with roasted vegetables and a little lean meat if you like. I used lemon and coriander cous cous. You can cook up and tub and fridge a weeks worth all at once x
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I need this too, bumpin for later
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Roasted sweet potato sprinkled with a dash of cinnamon and a nonfat greek yogurt (my new favorite!)
    Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana slices, hard boiled egg and a greek yogurt
    Quinoa made with chopped green onions and cilantro, grilled chicken breast strips
    Whole wheat toast with a sliced apple and a plain, nonfat greek yogurt
    Brown rice with steam broccoli and grilled chicken breast strips

Those are some of my faves :)
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    salads, fruit salads, pitas filled with whatever you like...
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love doing Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. Sometimes I'll do leftovers. Lately it's been a lot of stews and rice. I like having something hearty when it's somewhat cold out.

One of my skinny co workers does a bag of steamed veggies (in your grocery store's freezer section) and leftover noodles mixed together.. I haven't tried it yet though.
  • HeatherWestgate
    HeatherWestgate Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Before I serve myself dinner for the night I alway pack away some in a tupperware container first.
    That way I don't tempt myself to have seconds at dinner plus I don't have to worry about packing a lunch the next morning.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Before I serve myself dinner for the night I alway pack away some in a tupperware container first.
    That way I don't tempt myself to have seconds at dinner plus I don't have to worry about packing a lunch the next morning.

LOL i do that too half the time!!! I thought I was the only one
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I usually have grilled chicken at home (for salads). Sometimes for lunch I will cut up some of the chicken (4-5oz) and bring it to work with a small box of Green Giant Garden Vegetable Medley.

Just steam the veggies, then add the chicken and it makes for a tasty chicken and veggie dish.
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I try and cook things on Sunday and portion out for lunches towards the beginning of the week. Last week I made stuffed pepper soup and this week crockpot 3 bean turkey chili. Later in the week I make wraps, salads or leftovers. I also try to keep some stuff in the freezer (soup/chili) in case I just need something on the fly.
  • NittanyLion95
    Options
    I get chicken sausage from the super market (usually pre-cooked, you just need to brown) and have that with some manga salsa (already made in the produce section) and a salad. I need protien and this is a nice filling lunch for me.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    bump!