Date ideas for bored couple

Options
I have been with my husband for 12ish years (married 1 year). We don't have kids not by choice or trying - it will happen when it happens. We go out on dates every 2 weeks and I need some new date ideas. We usually go out to dinner/movies or to bars with other couple friends. I tried other date ideas like watching plays, Boston symphony and the opera - that was nice but eh.

But now that I am trying to get healthy, I need date ideas that doesn't include sitting for 2-3 hours and eating/drinking.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    nekkid charades
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Going for a walk or hiking is a new favorite activity for me. Gives you a chance for some one-on-one time with the beauty around you being the only distraction :)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Dinner, & an activity you both can enjoy :smile:

The last 2 dates were fun activities, one we went bowling, the other we went shooting at the local indoor gun range.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Here's my recommendation- change up your date timing. Nights are nice, but they tend to cut down your choices. Have daytime dates.

1. Go for a walk through the local park and end it with a nice picnic.
    2. Find a nearby state park with interesting trails and go hiking together. If there's one with a nice view at the top of the trail, take a picnic or a couple of drums or something to do at the top together. Can be as simple as some poems to read to each other or a camera to take pictures.
    3. If you like sports, find a park and some friends to play some games of pick-up ball-basketball, soccer, whatever you like to play.
    4. Find a lake nearby where you can rent a canoe, paddleboat, kayak or something similar to share a more romantic experience.
    5. If you've never tried it, white water rafting can be a fun experience, though it's more of a weekend than a date.
    6. Looks like you're up north, so you might still be able to find some skiing if you look quickly.
    7. Roller rink! Go skating together. It might sound dated, but it really can be fun.

Hope that gives you some ideas. I'm a big fan of "active" dates for those of us who have been together a long time and need to "spice things up." Have fun!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ice skating or roller skating is fun, and funny if you haven't done it in a while.

Also, the weather is warming up so you could go do silly, fun things like race go karts (I LOVE doing this) or paintball.
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    Married 22 years... Bowling, shooting, riding our bikes into Denver for lunch, then back again.... Thinking of things to do besides Dinner/Movies does take some effort..
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    One of the things you can do is grab your local newspaper. Sometimes they will print upcoming events and functions that are either free or for a minimal charge.

You can also contact your local Chamber of Commerce to see about any new happenings in your area that are coming up (good exposure for events for businessesin the Chamber)... that is free information to the public.

8-)
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    Love go karts, we have kids, but it's fun to still do the kids activities when it's just us. So we will do go karts or miniature golf, I've never done paintball because I'm a scaredy chicken (according to the kids). But sometimes we'll go out to the park just outside of town and swing and play on the jungle gym and just be 5 years old for a little while. Playing tag is so much more fun as an adult.

And sometimes, when the kids aren't home, we'd rather just stay home and play games, throw in some healthy snacks and play adult twister, it can get really interesting, lol.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Well I would say anything you guys both enjoy or even try a new adventure. Me and my current partner workout together, walk around the lakes, go mini golfing...you get the point.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Do the house work in lingere or naked just wearing heels.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    1. Buy some snacks and get some board games. Play games, snack, have sex all day.
    2. Go fishing, hiking, boating, etc.
    3. Take a day cruise
    4. Go to a weird festival...
    5. Take a class together
    6. Zoo
    7. amusement park
    8. spa/hot springs
    9. picnic
    10. make sand castles or snow men
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    But now that I am trying to get healthy, I need date ideas that doesn't include sitting for 2-3 hours and eating/drinking.

event_27215051.jpeg
  • caminogirlcdn
    Options
    :love: Together - come up with a list of things you both might like to try without spending money and do them. You could even prioritize them based on seasonality, etc.

Afterwards, have a bite to eat and then really talk about them honestly - if you find something you both really get hooked on then you are set with no surprises or false expectations. Be honest - if it was a :"eh" then say so...

You might also find that you are really keen on something and your partner isn't and that if you did it with a friend that is okay to - negotiate and agree...

Happily married 30 years.
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What is a date? I've heard of these famous things and I believe that I had one at one time but refresh my memory... jk Having been together for over 16 years and married for 8+ with two kids we find inventive things to do with a short time. Go to an arcade (yes they still have them around) and challenge your hubby to some games the winner gets to chose dinner. Go paint balling or lazer tag (these are so much fun as adults but go during the day so there aren't a ton of kids) This sounds odd but go shopping. Remember when you were younger and you would go to the mall or the store with your friends and try on funny hats? well do it with your hubby and buy one of those funny hats to bring home. (We use them for board game night or poker with friends) People will think you are crazy but do a scavenger hunt. We used to do this with our friends all the time. The couple who finds the most things usually got some sort of fun prize. Visit your old haunts. Go to the park you played at as kids and swing on the swing-set it builds a stronger bond letting someone into your past. If you have to stay in challenge each other to a game competitiveness builds strong marriage. Most of these are free or cheap as well! Also, I live in a tourist town and sometimes we go to the tourist traps! Nothing funnier than those and as we live in the town usually we haven't visited them and it brings a new charm to the city.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    swingers club?
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    May 5th is the zombie 5k up by Boston. There is a party after...

I'm going!

Did you ever think of paintball? massive cardio work out and gets the aggression out
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    golf.
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Indoor Wall Climbing!