Leftover calories...

vickyclare96
vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there,
Can anyone please help me?
I have been using my fitness pal for 2 days now and no don't worry ((I'm not going to say anything about not losing weight :laugh: ))
I'm just gonna say that I'm worried because the amount of exercise i do really seems to affect my calorie in take for the day...
For example:: The first day i tried it.. My target calorie intake without exercise is 1200 but after adding my exercise I had 1697.. i ended up eating 1411 and had 286 left. which i didn't think was that bad but the second day:: Target calories without exercise is 1200 add my exercise and i have to try to eat 2398....!
I ate 1101 and had burnt off more than i had eaten at 1198 burned off.. I had 1297 by the end of the day left to eat :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :mad:
Getting quite worried that I'm not eating enough but the weird thing is i feel really FULL!!!
Please help.. don't wanna be too thin LOL :laugh: :laugh:
Please help...
Vicky x

Replies

• vickyclare96
    Hi there,
    Can anyone please help me?
    I have been using my fitness pal for 2 days now and no don't worry ((I'm not going to say anything about not losing weight :laugh: ))
    I'm just gonna say that I'm worried because the amount of exercise i do really seems to affect my calorie in take for the day...
    For example:: The first day i tried it.. My target calorie intake without exercise is 1200 but after adding my exercise I had 1697.. i ended up eating 1411 and had 286 left. which i didn't think was that bad but the second day:: Target calories without exercise is 1200 add my exercise and i have to try to eat 2398....!
    I ate 1101 and had burnt off more than i had eaten at 1198 burned off.. I had 1297 by the end of the day left to eat :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :mad:
    Getting quite worried that I'm not eating enough but the weird thing is i feel really FULL!!!
    Please help.. don't wanna be too thin LOL :laugh: :laugh:
    Please help...
    Vicky x
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    When I burn that many calories in a day I don't eat them all, its too hard too. I'd say try to add in more snacks throughout the day. Nuts are a good fat and they have a lot of calories so thats another way. Don't worry about it too much, theres a thread on exercise calories (why we are supposed to eat them) somewhere, just search for it, Good luck! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    You'll probably get widely varied answers on this one. Many people eat ALL their exercise calories, but there are also a bunch who don't ever touch them. I generally fall somewhere in the middle. Some days I end up eating them all (like yesterday, plus a few extra :blushing: ), but other days, I eat only 1/4 to 1/2 of them.

I always eat my base calories though, and it looks like you didn't even reach 1200 on the second day. You shouldn't go under 1200 on a regular basis, or you might risk slowing your metabolism.
  • vickyclare96
    While this was helpful.. i'm still REALLY worried i mean today i ate under my target calories of 1200 and then burnt off 1198 surely that can't be good... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    what works outs are you doing to burn that much calories.... i need to burn alot of calories so any new ideas would be great!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    While this was helpful.. i'm still REALLY worried i mean today i ate under my target calories of 1200 and then burnt off 1198 surely that can't be good... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :wink:

You can send them my way....:laugh: I can't seem to get enough to eat today and am running short. :huh:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :smile: Try to always eat your 1200 calories, that is healthty for you! I never eat all my excercise calories even with my snacks that I eat in-between meals but I do eat some of them and I find I feel better when I do, not like my body is hungry for more. Also I eat a huge salad after I work out for my dinner which keeps me full until breakfast the next day. The other good plan is to drink your water, it really does keep you hydrated and full!:wink:
  • vickyclare96
    what works outs are you doing to burn that much calories.... i need to burn alot of calories so any new ideas would be great!
    Hi,
    I don't even notice that i'm burning off that many calories until i input them into the MFP exercise diary :laugh: :laugh:
    All i really do exercise wise is trampoline but MFP don't have this in there database so i input it as jogging (running) and add 10 mins this is what you are losing on the trampoline :smile: :smile:
    Another exercise i do is using a jumprope :smile: i do about 30 mins and it burns off around 200/300 calories depending on your weight and height :smile: :smile:
    Good Luck x
    Vicky
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    I went jumping on the kid's trampoline last year. I was sore the next day. Harder than it looks, but still, over 1000 calories on it? I never would have guessed!
  • naugustyniak
    Hi,
    I don't even notice that i'm burning off that many calories until i input them into the MFP exercise diary :laugh: :laugh:
    All i really do exercise wise is trampoline but MFP don't have this in there database so i input it as jogging (running) and add 10 mins this is what you are losing on the trampoline :smile: :smile:
    Another exercise i do is using a jumprope :smile: i do about 30 mins and it burns off around 200/300 calories depending on your weight and height :smile: :smile:
    Good Luck x
    Vicky

I am wondering if you are estimating your calories burned too high. Check out this web site

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp?exercise=136

you should be able to put your info in and calculate an amount. You can add this to your exercises manually if you want. Do you have an HRM
  • vickyclare96
    I went jumping on the kid's trampoline last year. I was sore the next day. Harder than it looks, but still, over 1000 calories on it? I never would have guessed!
    Not just on the trampoline though.. it depends what other exercise you do for example today i also did 20 mins jogging and 20 mins walking...

More alarming figures....
    My Daily Carbs goal with my exercise for today is 329 and i have 253 remaining :laugh: :sick:
    Daily fat goal with exercise :: 79g i have 27g left :S uh oh..... :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Vicky
  • vickyclare96
    I never thought i would say this but do you think i should stop exercising too much or should i just eat more?? Funny thing is i'm still feeling full and it's been 4 hours since i had a bowl of rice.......... :S:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :smile: :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
    Vicky
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    I would exercise less, you've only just started this and your system is in shock. I would be careful of burning off too many cals unless you are extremely overweight (forgot to check your profile,oops). If you're really overweight, you can get away with doing that, the less you have to lose, the less likely you will be of being able to get away with it.

You also need to listen to your body. I "thought" I was eating all my exercise cals until I got an HRM and found out I was only eating half - and I was tired, lethargic, cold, not feeling well. I'm of a size where I should have been able to pull that off but my body said no. Once I started eating my exercise cals I felt fine.

Make sure you hit your protein and fats goals. Your body needs them.

Also, I would recommend an HRM to get a better description of your exercise cals.

I'm the same way, though, the more I exercise, the less I want to eat... but on the days I don't exercise, I have a very hard time not starving all day long.
  • vickyclare96
    I would exercise less, you've only just started this and your system is in shock. I would be careful of burning off too many cals unless you are extremely overweight (forgot to check your profile,oops). If you're really overweight, you can get away with doing that, the less you have to lose, the less likely you will be of being able to get away with it.

You also need to listen to your body. I "thought" I was eating all my exercise cals until I got an HRM and found out I was only eating half - and I was tired, lethargic, cold, not feeling well. I'm of a size where I should have been able to pull that off but my body said no. Once I started eating my exercise cals I felt fine.

Also, I would recommend an HRM to get a better description of your exercise cals.

I'm the same way, though, the more I exercise, the less I want to eat... but on the days I don't exercise, I have a very hard time not starving all day long.
    i'm not that overweight i'm 167 pounds and am 5ft 8"....
    What's a HRM??
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    I had pretty much the same question eairler in the day. i think what im going to do is, if im full im going to stop eating because to me thats my body saying wow to much i cant handle no more. thats why i wondered about the whole calorie thing in the begining it seemed like it was a bit to high for me, honestly i love this its great because it helps a lot, but mine shows i need way to much then i can handle.
    I have had some real great feedback from many people here and i must say its been wonderful so far. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • naugustyniak

i'm not that overweight i'm 167 pounds and am 5ft 8"....
    What's a HRM??

An HRM is a heart rate monitor. It uses your personal body information and your heart rate during exercise to let you know how many calories you burn. I was WAY overestimating mine until I got one. Mine is a polar F6 but there are other kinds. I would suggest one with a chest strap though, they seem to be the most accurate. You put on the chest strap (mine fits under my bra) then have a watch looking thing that keeps track. I would really suggest one if you can swing it.
  • vickyclare96
    how much are they??:happy:
  • vickyclare96
    ok well i'm getting hungary now but have decided not to eat because where i live (England) is a different time scale to America so it's actully 11PM here :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: so can't eat coz i'm going to bed soon...Does this mean i'm gonnna wake up to an empty stomach :cry: :cry: and i don't eat breakfast LOL.. so great gotta wait till 12 pm tomoz to have something to eat :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • vickyclare96
    Well i took ur advice and am eating some raisins and peanuts :smile: :smile: There actully really good :smile: :smile: Thanks for all the great advice more is also wanted :)
This discussion has been closed.