broken ankle but still wanting to exercise HELP

Options
ok so i twisted my ankle thought no biggie just sprained no I broke a bone front in joint. i have been on my road back to fitness since mid January and have been really comitted getting up in the am doing cardio weights etc. WHAT DO I DO NOW???? I DONT WANT TO LOSE THE ROUTINE ETC? Anyone been through anything similar ?:sad:

Replies

• yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've broken my right leg/ankle two times - once when I was in 8th grade riding a skateboard,
    the other time in 2004 exiting a carnival ride. The latter was pretty significant and I still
    have a plate and 9 screws in my ankle.

Even though you are limited to exercises above the hips, there are many options still avail.
    You an still work on abs, arms, back and even some cardio working those parts. Just be
    careful not to compromise you leg/ankle in anyway as you don't need/want any set backs.

Good Luck!

Keep your chin up and know you WILL get back to where you were. I was told I would likely
    never run again, and have since completed two 5k"s and an indoor triathalon. Hang in there!
    :bigsmile:
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    thanks much
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    At one of the gyms I have been to, they had a neat arm machine that you could tweak resistance on - basically it ended up being a spin class for your arms. You could get your heart rate up, but your feet stayed comfortably on the floor. I know it'll be challenging, but I am sure you'll find some things like that to do if you are trying for a cardio workout too!