Replies

• sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I have a pair of jeans that I am trying to get back into as well.....thanks for sharing your story, I am feeling a bit more motivated after reading it! :)
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all! Not long ago I had a similar experience. I was shopping at a department store and decided, just on a whim, to try on a pair of pants. Usually I never bothered because I'd spent so many years only being able to shop at specialty plus sized stores, and I'd gotten to the point where I could buy shirts and such in the plus departments of regular stores but not pants. But I tried them on, and they fit! I was so ridiculously happy. :) So I know the feeling. Congrats!
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a silly NSV. It's all these 'little' things that add up to keep us motivated and on track. You should give yourself a pat on the back for your achievement - it's actually a huge step forward! Well done!
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Fantastic! Not silly or tiny, AWESOME!!!!!!
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nope - not silly. Very excellent NSV!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    “Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.”
    Louis L'Amour (American writer)

Your NSV made me think of this quote, which wasn't written about fitness & weight loss, but which sure applies. IMO, no one loses a hundred pounds - they lose one pound at a time, a hundred times over. Or they lose one ounce at a time, 1600 times over. Which makes each pound, each ounce, each inch, a victory all its own.

Even holding the ground already won, sticking with it when you're stuck on a plateau, is a victory; and one won day by day, or even minute by minute. Each boring salad eaten in a restaurant brimming with greasily oversugared options, each stair climbed in lieu of an elevator ride, each button hanging slack on a shirt that didn't even close a short time ago - every one of those is a solid victory and deserves to be noted.

(suddenly realizes that she has no fittlingly grand conclusion, hurriedly steps down off of soapbox)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!