colon cleanse

Options
Does colon cleanse really help you lose weight??

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You'll be a bit lighter due to your intestines not being as full. To my knowledge, that's about it.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just think cleaning out your gunk (lol) will make you feel lighter and it all weighs something :) I say yes
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Poop weight, sure... but not fat.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No one sees your colon anyway. It doesn't have to be that clean. It's the basement closet of the human body.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    No one sees your colon anyway. It doesn't have to be that clean.

You are so awesome. I'd sig the above if I could.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Nope, but it will clean your colon.
    Depending on which one you do it can be rather nasty, and if you're "backed up" you won't be anymore.
    Some of them are nothing more than a fiber laxative so choose wisely.
  • Jillcra
    Jillcra Posts: 4
    Options
    A colon cleanse will help you lose some weight as you will eliminate the waste that has built up in your colon. If you are looking for a supplement that will help you lose weight try Puristat's Slender which contains Tonalin CLA which works by decreasing the size and number of fat cells, it also increase the rate at which fatty acids are turned into energy. Taking this combined with diet and exercise will assist with weight loss as we all know there is no "magic pill" that will work entirely on it's own.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    A colon cleanse cleanses the colon. Just be sure the instruments have been sterilized or this could happen to you.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/cancer/articles/2009/06/16/va-faces-questions-over-tainted-colonoscopies
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    A colon cleanse cleanses the colon. Just be sure the instruments have been sterilized or this could happen to you.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/cancer/articles/2009/06/16/va-faces-questions-over-tainted-colonoscopies

Congrats. You successfully scared the *kitten* out of me.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    A colon cleanse will help you lose some weight as you will eliminate the waste that has built up in your colon. If you are looking for a supplement that will help you lose weight try Puristat's Slender which contains Tonalin CLA which works by decreasing the size and number of fat cells, it also increase the rate at which fatty acids are turned into energy. Taking this combined with diet and exercise will assist with weight loss as we all know there is no "magic pill" that will work entirely on it's own.

Actually, it is a known scientific fact that fat cells are never destroyed. The human body always has the same number of fat cells from birth to death. It's the amount of fat stored in those cells that determines how heavy you are. The cells die and regenerate into new cells, but never disappear. Simple physics: energy cannot be created nor distroyed, only converted.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Unless you have liposuction.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Sure...until the colon fills back up again
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Unless you have liposuction.

Touche. But my comment was strictly regarding "magical pills" that make you lose fat cells.
  • nutandbutter
    Options

You should be thanking him. Now you don't need that colon cleanse.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

You should be thanking him. Now you don't need that colon cleanse.

Touche!