Hypothetical Situation (just for fun)

Options
MisoSoup79
MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
You're sitting alone in your room late at night and an alien suddenly materializes out of thin air next to you. The creature begins pleading for your help and tells you that it has been sent from it's home planet to bring back one human that can save it's entire race from imminent extinction! The chosen human is you. The creature assures you that your sacrifice will not require any pain and that you will be given anything and everything you want and treated like a god/goddess on their planet until the end of your natural life. You would be responsible for saving the lives of over a billion sentient creatures should you choose to go.

You are allowed to take ONE personal item with you if you go.
You may leave a note, but you may not take the time to say goodbye, because a decision must be made in the next two minutes.
If you choose to go with the creature, you cannot return to Earth.
If you choose to stay, the alien is forced to go home empty-handed and the fate of a billion+ sentient creatures on the other side of the galaxy will be doomed forever. But nobody on Earth will ever know, except you.
The alien creatures are capable of shape-shifting into any form you can imagine, even human form. You cannot produce offspring with them, but you could potentially form a companionship similar to that on earth with the alien creatures.

You have two minutes to decide and this is all the information you have. Do you stay or do you go?

Replies

• MisoSoup79
    Options
    You're sitting alone in your room late at night and an alien suddenly materializes out of thin air next to you. The creature begins pleading for your help and tells you that it has been sent from it's home planet to bring back one human that can save it's entire race from imminent extinction! The chosen human is you. The creature assures you that your sacrifice will not require any pain and that you will be given anything and everything you want and treated like a god/goddess on their planet until the end of your natural life. You would be responsible for saving the lives of over a billion sentient creatures should you choose to go.

You are allowed to take ONE personal item with you if you go.
    You may leave a note, but you may not take the time to say goodbye, because a decision must be made in the next two minutes.
    If you choose to go with the creature, you cannot return to Earth.
    If you choose to stay, the alien is forced to go home empty-handed and the fate of a billion+ sentient creatures on the other side of the galaxy will be doomed forever. But nobody on Earth will ever know, except you.
    The alien creatures are capable of shape-shifting into any form you can imagine, even human form. You cannot produce offspring with them, but you could potentially form a companionship similar to that on earth with the alien creatures.

You have two minutes to decide and this is all the information you have. Do you stay or do you go?
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I stay, my family is way too important to me to abandon, i'm way too important to them, whether it's staying to help the 13 people in my life now or billions somewhere else..easy choice for me...KAPOW to the aliens, send them my sympathies. :tongue:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I stay! Molsongirl had it right!

You have way to much time on your hands! :wink:
  • Yewkon
    Yewkon Posts: 34
    Options
    No way!

I'm not falling for those sneaky aliens' tricks again.

You know the old adage, "Probe me once, shame on you. Probe me twice, shame on me."
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    No way!

I'm not falling for those sneaky aliens' tricks again.

You know the old adage, "Probe me once, shame on you. Probe me twice, shame on me."

AHAHAHAHAHA! I love that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I stay because I'm obviously hallucinating and I need to get my brain checked out! :tongue:
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Stay!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    stay. I could never leave my son.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    wow, i thought this was a no brainer GO, why is everyone staying? :noway:

oops, seems i misunderstood who are we saving there... i still GO, i hope they like fat creatures more than skinny ones on that planet :tongue:
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    wow, i thought this was a no brainer GO, why is everyone staying? :noway:

Lol. I would wonder if we were in their shoes, would they choose to give up one life for our entire planet?

I'd go too. Hard as it would be for me, I couldn't live with the guilt of a loss of a billion lives due to my own selfishness.

But that's just me. There's no right or wrong answer, it's hypothetical and unlikely to ever happen.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Lol. I would wonder if we were in their shoes, would they choose to give up one life for our entire planet?

i'm not giving up a life, i'm just trading it for a different life that's possibly better than the one on Earth... and you can envy me cos you'll never even experience it at all! :glasses: :tongue:

you, bunch of primitive earthlings!! :devil: :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have my daughter i would go. Amazing what children will do to and for you. I would never leave her by my own choice, unless it would save her life than i would glady do it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have my daughter i would go. Amazing what children will do to and for you. I would never leave her by my own choice, unless it would save her life than i would glady do it.

Ditto ditto ditto