JM 30 Day Shred too easy

Options
So I did JM Ripped in 30 before I did the 30 day shred dvd. I should have done it the other way around! Now Shred is just way to easy and I'm not burning as many calories as I would like. Do any of you have any other recommendations for dvd's? I need something short, 45 min or less, because that's about all the time I can get my kids to stay upstairs and watch tv while I work out! Thanks!

7759450.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• lindseykp
    lindseykp Posts: 76
    Options
    Anyone?
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I actually found 30 Day Shred Level 1 too easy, so I did Level 2 and it's fine. But I also paired it with JM Kickbox Fastfix.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was looking on ebay for DVDs today and wanted to see clips of them on YouTube. I found a ton of full exercise videos on there for free!
  • MistressOfHate
    Options
    6 week 6 pack and Killer Buns and Thighs. Both Jillian DVD's.
  • lindseykp
    Options
    I am going to try level 2 tomorrow and see if that is any better. I did level 1 for 2 days and I walk away feeling like I didn't even workout!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    P90X? Insanity?
  • lindseykp
    Options
    I would like to do P90X, but I can't keep my kids busy for an hour so I can workout...need something shorter :(
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    30DS is definitely for beginners. If you have been conditioning yourself then 30DS is not an answer, in my opinion.
  • nnylee
    Options
    I am going to try level 2 tomorrow and see if that is any better. I did level 1 for 2 days and I walk away feeling like I didn't even workout!

Oh, you didn't try Level 2?? There is a definite difference between Level 1 and Level 2. I felt the same exact way. Level 2 is harder.
  • nnylee
    Options
    I would like to do P90X, but I can't keep my kids busy for an hour so I can workout...need something shorter :(

I also recommend the new Kickbox Fastfix. It's quite good and gets your heart rate up. 20 minutes.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Definitely try level 2. I actually thought it was harder than level 3. I still go back and do it occasionally. You can also up the weights to make it more challenging.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    Insanity month 1 are all around 45 min I think. I think a couple of the month 2 are 45 min or so. You could try them. I think you can get them on youtube or something. I wouldn't pay the $100+ they want to sell them for on beachbody and all of the other websites.
  • lindseykp
    Options
    I'm glad to hear level 2 is harder. I will do that tomorrow. Anyone try the Extreme shed and Shred yet? I am wondering if that would be a good one.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Finished the shred and now I've started the 6 week 6 pack. It's high cardio but no weight lifting. However in the videos Jillian says to add weights to each exercise to increase difficulty. Anyways, I am seeing results. And when something feels to easy I add a 3-8 lbs dumb bells.
  • lindseykp
    Options
    I also recommend the new Kickbox Fastfix. It's quite good and gets your heart rate up. 20 minutes.
    [/quote]

Thanks I will look in to that one!
  • _emma
    _emma Posts: 21
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism! I got it a couple years ago and I love it. It's less than an hour which is great and last time I did it my HRM said I burned 554 calories! Tough, full body workout. I definitely recommend it :)

14771399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lindseykp
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism! I got it a couple years ago and I love it. It's less than an hour which is great and last time I did it my HRM said I burned 554 calories! Tough, full body workout. I definitely recommend it :)

14771399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That one sounds great!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is GREAT! So is No More Trouble Zones. Lots of weight work in that one!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Use higher weights 8 or 10 lbs and you will feel it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in on the Kickbox FastFix - I just got it over the weekend and I love it! Super fast paced, 20 minute workouts, and you can do one, all three, or whatever combination you have time & energy for. 6 Week Six-Pack is also a favorite - about 30 minutes, and 2 levels on that one.