I need help guys :-/

Options
Hey people I need some good advice on what to do and it seems to be a big issue lately with loads of other people.

From January 1st I decided to go on a vegan diet for health reasons and it worked like a charm to begin with. I lost about 14lbs in the January and in febuary I lost nothing and gained 2lbs. I have ever since not been able to go any lower than 197lbs.

In january I actually didn't count calories and I was losing weight, I started using this site again and I kept on having the little message on the bottom YOU ARE EATING TOO FEW CALORIES. From past experiences of eating 500 calories a day and losing drastic numbers of lbs I didn't want to start that cycle again. So according to MFP, I must eat 1450 calories so I started to do so.

No weight loss. Even though I am doing 60-120 minutes of excersise everyday. Before I started counting calories I did realise that in january I was eating around 750 - 1000, but I still had weight loss and lots of energy and was in a overall very good mood.

So what am I doing wrong? it almost seems like for me the only way to lose weight is to eat very little, eating more isn't helping :(

Please help guys, much appreciated xxx

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking calories on MFP?
    Do you use a food scale and measuring devices?
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking since first of febuary and I do use measuring scales for food yes. I do not count my calories however for fruit and veg. I was told that they don't really matter. Would that make a difference?
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I count meticulously. In my mind, every calorie counts. But I'm looking at your diary, and it your loggings have been extremely sporadic. You have to be consistent for it to work.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I count meticulously. In my mind, every calorie counts. But I'm looking at your diary, and it your loggings have been extremely sporadic. You have to be consistent for it to work.

^ This.

The above is basically why I had asked how long you were counting for. You need to log everything . Beverages, condiments, etc.

If you eat or drink it, or add it to your food, you need to count it (assuming it has calories, which most things do).

The first thing you need to figure out is exactly how much you are eating. You could be eating far more calories than you think, and the first thing you should do is get your intake numbers accurate. Do this for a month and then see what the results are and adjust.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That's because during the day I eat fruit and then eat dinner during most weeks. I started introducing dairy free yoghurts and stuff to up my calories but that resulted in no weight loss.
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    other things to look at too.....
    add weights to your work outs to help burn fat a little faster.
    make sure youre watching your sodium intake
    drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
    look up healthy calories and stay away from processed foods.
    change up your workout routine. Do not do the same excersice for more then 6 weeks at a time.