Protein bars or protein shakes?

Options
So I just got my pay in and I want to boost my protein intake up so I'm not as tempted to munch out at work. Which should I be going for? Also keep in mind I am on a slightly budget. Tell me what your taking and the prices pretty please! Thanks lovelies xoxo

Replies

• CCAdamson
    Options
    Marathon Protein Bar by Snickers. 290 Calories & 20g of protein. They are about $8 for a 6 pack at Wal-Mart if remember right. I use a few others too but those taste best so far.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I eat these for a snack and my 9 yr old has 1 every morning for breakfast. Pure protein ,high protein bar. 20 grams of protein, 2 grams of sugar, 6 grams of fat 16 carbs and 200 calories 60 from fat. I get them at walmart. $6.27 for 6 - 1.76 oz bars.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Us-Nutrition-High-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Pure-Protein-10.58-oz/10422933
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If you're on a budget go for the more affordable sources of protein: nuts, chicken, fish, eggs, vegetables... y'know. :wink:

Re: protein bars, just use a little caution because some of those things are loaded with carbs. I like the Detour lower sugar ones alright though.
  • VLaaber
    VLaaber Posts: 30
    Options
    I've been using the cheaper alternatives, I just seem to have issues snacking on those at work. Hurray for restaurant business! Lol
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Whey will be the better option. It provides liquid protein that can be readily absorbed & used when you need it. It's generally way fewer in calories too. The kind I use is 250cals when mixed w/ 1.5cups of skim milk. Its lower cost than the bars too.

I use super advanced whey protein & its about $20 give or take for 2lbs. You can find it at Walmart Target & the local grocery stores. Also it mixes in well with a spoon which cant be said for all brands of whey. EAS always clumps up.

BTW stay away from the snickers unless you just want to eat a candy bar.