Running NSV!

wombat94
wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
I started MFP in January, and at the end of the month started a Couch 2 5K running program.

Though I am not done the program yet, I signed up for a 5K race this saturday.

So today, I decided to see if I could actually run 5K yet... I needed to take my car into the shop, so I scouted a route back home that was just over 5K long... and ran the full 5K instead of having someone come pick me up.

Total time was 37:46 for a 12:06 pace. In the last 7 weeks, I've dropped 20 pounds, and gained a whole lot of speed... from 0 MPH on the couch to 5 MPH now!

Now for a couple of days off and then a real 5K race to establish a PR... so that I can improve on THAT!

Ted

Replies

• freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Wooo! That's great!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    W2G!

I need to start gaining my confidence of running..i hate running, but in due time i will:-)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Wow, that's truly amazing. I dont know why but I hate running. I'm trying to do it everyday to build my stamina, but the thought of running in a marathon is a nightmare for me : |
    Were you a runner earlier in life, or was this entirely new for you??
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Yay that's great! I'm doing c25k and I'm still at week 4 even though I've been doing the program about 8 weeks. I don't think I'll be able to do a 5k anytime soon but at least I get off the couch more often. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!