That is just sad

Options
13»

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    What is a too high heart rate? are you having it on a program? or did a doctor tell you how high you should go? I am asking because my natural heart rate is high and if I stopped at everyone else's heart rate, I would not be able to exercise much at all.
  • ChelleDT
    ChelleDT Posts: 23
    Options
    A thought for encouragement---

I've heard of studies, that if you walk briskly 5 mins 3 times a day, you get the exact same benefits as one 15 min walk/workout.

So... Keep it up!.. Even doing the 5 mins 3 or 4 times a day is going to get yourself some really great benefits!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love how you call it a hobby because it really is.

I know its supposed to be a lifestyle LOL but at the beginning, for my bestie and I, it had to be a new hobby we fell in love with first.

It comes with fun stuff like its own kit, many outfits, challenges, leveling up, research, strategy, etc... i mean- compared to 'dieting and dragging *kitten* to gym' - hobbies are WAY more fun :P

Completely agree and it's my approach too. I make it about fun and rewards instead of should and have to. All it takes is a little self psychology. After awhile the rewards come naturally and are almost a bonus.

My biggest difficulty now is reigning myself in so I don't overtrain. I don't really like off-days like today.
  • Jaydensmommy7110
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean I'm 21 as well and I also have a baby I go to the gym and use it there and I put it on level 1 and can only do it for about 5 mins as well same thing happens to me I've been doing more than just that one machine though so I'm hoping that I will be able to go longer but just pace yourself i do that work out at the beginning of my routine and the ending of it so i get a lil more time in. Good luck
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    yes, just slowly increase - push yourself....
    that's how i was when i first started, and before I knew it i was able to do an hour on the elliptical.

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 198.4 (105lbs down)
    gw 160
    5'6'' 29y/o
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    you gotta start somewhere! don't think of it as 'only', think of it as 'more than i did yesterday'. do five more seconds each day, then thity, then full minutes. pretty soon you'll be amazed at your progress. you got this!