WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Options
Well, I started this as my new year's resolution and as of today hit my 50 pound mark!!! My original goal was to lose 40 pounds by July 13th. Now that goal is already way behind me! This hasn't been easy, but it has been soooo worth it. Thanks for all of the great ideas and support. This cite is AMAZING! :drinker:

Replies

• rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, I started this as my new year's resolution and as of today hit my 50 pound mark!!! My original goal was to lose 40 pounds by July 13th. Now that goal is already way behind me! This hasn't been easy, but it has been soooo worth it. Thanks for all of the great ideas and support. This cite is AMAZING! :drinker:
  • rsalgado
    Options
    oops...I meant site :noway:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's amazing- good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    WTG - THAT'S AWESOME
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    yay for you! :drinker: i started in January as well and just a step from the 50 lbs mark! every new milestone is so much sweeter than the previous one! :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    wow thats my birthday July 13 2008 Congratulations
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep up the great work. :drinker:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Way to go It feels great doesn't it
    I just hit the same goal today and I started in january too:happy: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! 50 pounds since January!!! I need to hear your happy stories, cause when I stepped on the scale today, I was UP 1 1/2 pounds. !?!?!?
    Anyway, Im gonna keep walking the walk and hope they come back off.
    Congrats.
  • lulubenmom
    lulubenmom Posts: 45
    Options
    well done, that's great! Did you follow MFP to the letter, how much did you exercise?
  • rsalgado
    Options
    well done, that's great! Did you follow MFP to the letter, how much did you exercise?

I did pretty much follow it exactly. Actually, when I strayed a bit and thought I would eat less to try to speed things along, that's when the weight loss slowed. Now I eat as many calories as it says and seem to maintain a steady weight loss. Although I vary it by zig zagging my calories. One day will be a bit higher, the next day lower, but still have the same amount of weekly calories. It keeps my body from that dreaded plateau mode. (I learned to do that from Jillian Michael's book "Win by Losing")

As far as exercise goes, at first I did about a 30 minute video daily. I have gotten sort of bored with that and have been walking/jogging for about 4 miles every day. I bought a heart rate monitor and so I know that I burn about 700-750 calories a day doing this. I really enjoy it and it gets me outdoors. Trust me though, I went through about a four week period where I didn't lose a single pound and even gained a bit, but I kept at it and my body eventually came around.
  • rsalgado
    Options
    wow thats my birthday July 13 2008 Congratulations

It's my birthday too :smile: I figured, what a great birthday present to myself!