What to do next, to keep body confused.

Options
Hi,

I finished the Insanity program on Saturday, and I am now on a week of recovery workouts. I have Insanity-Aslyum waiting in the wings.

But, I am really enjoying my other workouts, my body is now sore from doing moves I have not not done since starting insanity.

I am thinking of doing this rotation for the next few months.

next 60 days, doing the last two months of the TurboFire workouts (one month is cardio centered, one is HIIT centered)
then, do the second month of Insanity
1 week recovery
then the Insanity/Asylum hybrid for 30 days
then Asylum 30 days on its own
I am planning to be at goal at this point, so I can do more hybrid programs to incorporate more weights and to get ripped. P90X and P90X 2, with Chalene Extreme, Jari Love videos.

While doing this I will still keep up with my 5k training that I started over the weekend and my bonus workouts of Hip Hop Hustle, Pylo and other dance.

Does this sound like a viable plan to keep losing and avoid platues?
Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing some serious working out! I'm exhausted from reading it! :happy:
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Good For you!! It sounds like you have a good program, I would consider adding weights now. The Insanity is great, I am 3 plus weeks into it myself, but if you can only do one or the other I prefer weights to keep the metabolism moving. That is true for men and women.

So if I were you I would stick with your current schedule, add weights 3x a week. For your weight program start out simple and every 4 to 6 weeks change up your weight program.

Good Luck and keep up the awesome work!!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Good For you!! It sounds like you have a good program, I would consider adding weights now. The Insanity is great, I am 3 plus weeks into it myself, but if you can only do one or the other I prefer weights to keep the metabolism moving. That is true for men and women.

So if I were you I would stick with your current schedule, add weights 3x a week. For your weight program start out simple and every 4 to 6 weeks change up your weight program.

Good Luck and keep up the awesome work!!

Thank you!! TurboFIre does have weights built in, but I will make sure I add some more, esp while doing the insanity parts.
    I will start with my bonus workout I have planned for tomorrow night.