IS MFP TOO MUCH LIKE FB????????

Options

Replies

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    im recruiting fit people incase theres a zombie apocalypse!
    Facebook is for stalking purposes only:smokin:
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did not intend to socialize when I signed up but now I find it kind of nice. :P I'm just obsessed with food, lifestyle and my appearance. That's why I joined the site and I find it extremely useful. It's addictive though.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I use MFP more for myself than anything, however I love the forums here because the majority of them are great for motivation, support, or just a good laugh when you need them. Not to mention loaded with good information. To me, FB is becoming a huge drama fest and I rarely use it anymore. I don't need to hear all the negativity and bs.... I would rather surround myself with total strangers that make me feel good about myself....
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    The fun and personal makes the business side more bearable. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. It's much easier to consistently log in and track your food when you also want to see what your awesome pals are up to and not just workout wise. You should see some of the login streaks my friends have. It's amazing!
    ^^This.

Also, my MFPals are a lot more entertaining and encouraging than my friends on Facebook.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    if facebook had forums then maybe.
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    Even though you are here for business, I think we are all on here to lose weight and to get into shape and better ourselves. For my first few days I didn't have anyone on my friends list (didn't know how to go about it) and I was so excited about my workouts etc, but wasn't able to share that with people who have the same goals as myself and it was blah.
    I think it is good to have at least a couple of friends on here to share your daily goals with to help you keep motivated. When I don't feel like getting my daily workout in I come on here and see where my friends have done their work out, burned their calories and that motivates me to go ahead and do mine so my workout shows up for people to see.
    But, like someone said before if you don't want friends on here to share you success and help you get motivated then just come on and log everything and sign back off.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I don't get crazy text messages from crazy girls after "accidentally" deleting them on MFP...
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Doesn't posting on the forums support the FB-esqueness of the site? I mean, you aren't exactly asking for fitness advice...
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    My experience is about 50/50. I log food and exercise faithfully and have learned so much from this site. However, I have the greatest group of friends that I enjoy a lot. They are supportive and I support them and I couldn't do it without them. I just play games on facebook.
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    my apologies...looks like im not the only one who forgot to put percentages :laugh: 5% socail / 95%
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Basically I'M HERE STRICTLY FOR BUSINESS AND FOR ME!!

"Until...well now. When I decided to make a total FB like drama thread."
  • hlshubert
    hlshubert Posts: 45
    Options
    It's intended for social interaction - that's the point. More friends, more positive motivation. How can you truly be motivated by someone if you don't get to know them a little bit. I'm sure all of us (most of us) are here for the right reasons - to get healthier and more fit, but I like the group of friends I've made so far - and hope to have them as life long friends. I don't see a problem in having it both ways :o) Anyway - if you don't like what someone has to say on you page you can always "unfriend" them - just like FB, which totally removes what you don't want to see anyway. But, for me, I think MFP is 'da bomb, just the way it is!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options

My point EXACTLY lmao ;)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!! that so TRUE!
  • hlshubert
    hlshubert Posts: 45
    Options

Where's the "like" button when you need it! :bigsmile:
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    does it matter? just use it what you want to use it for.

^^ This.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    does it matter? just use it what you want to use it for.

What she said.
  • TiffanyKinner
    TiffanyKinner Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nope, it needs to be more like it and add a like button ;) LOL
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You may be here for business but I love my group of friends and that I'm able to have stupid/silly/totally unfitness related conversations with them all day long. Keeps me from strngling people at work.

This! Love you back!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of similar features but it is what you make it and I deleted my facebook due to privacy issues so I am hoping to stick with the people I have on here to live better with type 1 diabetes