Am I truly Evil?

Options
mistresseeyore
mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
My hubby is turning 40 on the 21st! On the 24th, I'm throwing him a birthday party. Zombie/Over the Hill party. I'm making him his favorite cake with his favorite icing. I'm going to make fondant grave stones to put on it, and put his favorite sour gummy worms on the cake.... Also going to put on one of the grave stones... "40, Ah... That's a really big number." I got that quote from Sesame Street, when the number of the day was 40. He was home when that happened and flipped off the T.V.

So am I evil?

Replies

• SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/pin/150448443771901804/

Add these to the party decor! And no. Not evil.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I wound think it was funny! 40 is my next milestone too.

JM
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes! But I'd do it anyway
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My brother had a surprise "over the hill" party and thought it was funny.
    I would have cried, been depressed and overate if given a similar party.
    You probably know better than anyone if your husband will appreciate the joke or not. If it will make him laugh, it is not evil, But if it will hurt his feelings, it probably is evil.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhh um not not evil he would so do that to you!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    You probably know better than anyone if your husband will appreciate the joke or not. If it will make him laugh, it is not evil, But if it will hurt his feelings, it probably is evil.

I would have cried too, but you know him best. I think the gesture of making his favorite cake is sweet, but...

Is 40 really that old?? Seems a bit young for a death themed party to me. I thought 50 was the "over the hill" year.
  • mistresseeyore
    Options

I would have cried too, but you know him best. I think the gesture of making his favorite cake is sweet, but...

Is 40 really that old?? Seems a bit young for a death themed party to me. I thought 50 was the "over the hill" year.

His brother is 3 years older than him, and he sent him an Over the Hill card when he turned 40. LOL So I think one turn deserves another.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It depends: are the fondant gravestones made of a flavored fondant that's tasty or just the normal kind that someone who doesn't know any better would pop one in his mouth and try to chew it up and be all like, "WTF is this s***?"
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    hmmm not what I expected. Thought you needed help ....how do you say...helping someone sleep with the fishes
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    It depends: are the fondant gravestones made of a flavored fondant that's tasty or just the normal kind that someone who doesn't know any better would pop one in his mouth and try to chew it up and be all like, "WTF is this s***?"

Marshmallow fondant. It's tasty!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome fun...not evil at all!!!
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    not evil hilarious!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think if he can flip off sesame street, he's got a sense of humor. I think you are okay lol.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think you are crazy funny!
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    I just passed my 41st bday and found neither it or my 40th depressing at all. I was just telling a friend that I love the age I am now. I feel like I finally "fit into my skin", but when my sister-in-law (my bro's wife) hit 40 it was DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA!!! She would've hit the ceiling. So... I actually think it would've been great fun to throw her the big "over the hill" party! Now, that's probably evil. Other than that, have fun! : )
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Marshmallow fondant. It's tasty!

Ok then. You're not truly evil. You might be kinda bad.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Yes! But I'd do it anyway

^^ this, he will be confused over whether he should laugh or cry. Him being a guy he will probably laugh :laugh:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    when i turned 40, my sister put an ad in the personals section of our local paper, inviting people to call and wish me a happy bday. I had over 700 calls that day. I had truckers, school classes, old folks homes, radio stations.. you name it all calling and singingn me happy birthday. calls started at 5 am and I had no idea what was going on until about the 7th caller told me what she did.
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    when i turned 40, my sister put an ad in the personals section of our local paper, inviting people to call and wish me a happy bday. I had over 700 calls that day. I had truckers, school classes, old folks homes, radio stations.. you name it all calling and singingn me happy birthday. calls started at 5 am and I had no idea what was going on until about the 7th caller told me what she did.

I wish I could do that, but he rarely answers his phone, usually only when his parents or I call is the only time he answers. That is hilarious though.