If you have 30 mins.....Kony 2012 is a must see!!!

Options
dumb_blondes_rock
dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
watch this, saw it last week and it made me cry, made me angry and made me want to tell everyone about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    kony-meme-3.jpg
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    kony-meme-3.jpg

Yes because it would be a terrible thing to stop someone who rapes and kills children....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Better buy a ribbon in the appropriate color and paste it on your car. That always changes things.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    i was thinking of just wearing a shirt.....that would change things right?
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Yes because it would be a terrible thing to stop someone who rapes and kills children....

Yes, because clearly my comment means I love rapists and murderers.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    kony-meme-3.jpg

bahhaha i actually spit water out when Isaw this pictures... I love it..
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

-gigglesnort-
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

Your interpretation, not mine
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I hope you're being sarcastic.

31% dear.
    31% is all that goes to the actual cause.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm an insensitive b*tch, but I just find this whole Kony thing annoying. Seriously, yes it's terrible what he's done but you do realize things like this (maybe not to this extent) happen every day where you live right? Children are abducted and raped and murdered. I'd rather start helping people in my own country first, instead of jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else and mindlessly donating money to "organizations" that are profiting from it.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    I hope you're being sarcastic.

31% dear.
    31% is all that goes to the actual cause.

Better than nothing going to the cause right? how much money to you think the haiti earthquake funds actually went to fixing haiti? or the new orleans flooding? charities will always take there cut, so should we just never donate to anything ever?
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    Not that I'm an insensitive b*tch, but I just find this whole Kony thing annoying. Seriously, yes it's terrible what he's done but you do realize things like this (maybe not to this extent) happen every day where you live right? Children are abducted and raped and murdered. I'd rather start helping people in my own country first, instead of jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else and mindlessly donating money to "organizations" that are profiting from it.

This is true, but I am a person for the world rather than for a country, just my personal feelings. Plus if there was ONE man organizing a whole crusade of kidnapping and murdering children, he would have been taken down in america already
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

This is true, but I am a person for the world rather than for a country, just my personal feelings. Plus if there was ONE man organizing a whole crusade of kidnapping and murdering children, he would have been taken down in america already

You know that saying, "You must love yourself before you can love another?" Well, I believe you can only fix another thing if you are able to fix your own first. So to try and fix another country's issues without even perfecting our's is silly. Sure, we're one world and one people, but how can we tell another country how to do something when we allow the same thing happen here? Yes, I understand it was something like 30,000 kids, but does that negate what is going on here?

Personally, I'd rather work to rid our country of the missing and raped and murdered and homeless children prior to doing that somewhere else, maybe it's selfish but so be it... Especially when we really have no excuse when we have the resources to do that.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's sad that something has to become a fad for 15 minutes for people to know what goes on in the world. It, along with many other horrible things, have been going on a long time and money won't change anything, accept for the size of a few peoples bank accounts.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    It's sad that something has to become a fad for 15 minutes for people to know what goes on in the world. It, along with many other horrible things, have been going on a long time and money won't change anything, accept for the size of a few peoples bank accounts.

I wouldn't believe anything said by someone who plays Horde side. Oh wait, I play horde too...............