My WTF moment this morning...

Options
vaderandbill
vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
I run a residential program for 17 year old boys. today, two of them were talking to me when one said, "hey, you've got a bit of a belly going on there". The other kid says "No he doesn't! Dude you try to look that good when you're like 53 for 54!"

yeah, I'm 41!

No offense meant to anyone around that age.

So which is worse...being told you have a belly or that you look 13 years older than you are??

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!! ummmm I have to go with age being the worse. I can always lose the gut.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well since I lost my stomach when I lost 95 lbs and I'm 36 and I STILL get carded for alcohol I wouldn't know(pats my own back)<~~~~~this is a typical dont really answer the question to praise myself answer I see on the message boards.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Well since I lost my stomach when I lost 95 lbs and I'm 36 and I STILL get carded for alcohol I wouldn't know(pats my own back)<~~~~~this is a typical dont really answer the question to praise myself answer I see on the message boards.

Well take a pat on the back from me. If I go by what this kid said I might get carded for an AARP membership.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    So which is worse...being told you have a belly or that you look 13 years older than you are??

:laugh: Good story and good attitude about it...

For me, it kills me when someone obviously OLDER THAN ME addresses me as ma'am. :explode:

ETA:
    PS: Young'uns often figure that being 30 is the same thing as being 40 or 50. I'm sure they were not trying to age you! :laugh:
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If I go by what this kid said I might get carded for an AARP membership.

LMAO. sorry lol.
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Kids have no idea how old "older" people are. However, they do know about bellys. Besides you can lose the belly so its ok. By the way I think you look fine.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    OMG ... i'm sorry ... chalk it up to the fact that teenagers aren't that smart - in fact their brains aren't fully developed until age 23 or 24. So the person who insulted you wasn't operating with a fully functioning brain LOL
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Sorry dude but that's to funny! You took it with a style and grace we should all try to emulate! Good job!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Omg, I found this so funny, I'm sorry.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My mom was given a senior citizen discount at a restaurant before she was of age (she's got a lot of silver hair and doesn't feel the need to dye it) and she got all excited about it. I said, "You were just called Old and you don't care because you just saved 13 cents??" She thought it was great. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Yeah, most 17 year olds think anything over 30 is ancient.

Love the story!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I would cry my eyes out if somebody told me I was 13 years old than I am. I can change fat. I can't change old :(

That said, I'm 27 and I still get carded to go to rated R movies if I don't have on any makeup, so I'm thanking my lucky stars for those genes.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I got one for ya. My grandkids discussing Halloween costumes - Eddie (6) asks me what I'm gonna be
    Me: Nana doesn't dress up for Halloween
    Eddie: You can be a witch Nana, you won't need a costume for that

I doubled over laughing - out of the mouths of babes ...
    just take it with a grain of salt. At that age, EVERYONE over 30 is just old
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    Kids are kids. You do not look like you're in your mid 50's! I've come to realize from having teenagers that they seem to be a bit out of touch with reality! :smile:
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I would cry my eyes out if somebody told me I was 13 years old than I am. I can change fat. I can't change old :(

That said, I'm 27 and I still get carded to go to rated R movies if I don't have on any makeup, so I'm thanking my lucky stars for those genes.

LMAO ME TOO!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Teenagers are stupid. I know this because I have one.
    But the age would offend me worse. And I hate the be called Ma'am.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    LOL. Kids have no concept of aging, so I'd say the belly is more offensive.
  • meggersd
    meggersd Posts: 55
    Options
    Teenagers are stupid. I know this because I have one.
    But the age would offend me worse. And I hate the be called Ma'am.

HAHAHA I love this!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    They're 17, so to them anyone over the age of 25 looks old! Don't be offended by that.
  • micheleboone
    Options
    LOL.
    The things kids say!