Why am I so tired

Options
Oh my goodness can someone please tell me why I am so tired I though with eating better and exercise I should have more energy not be so tired I could drop and sleep for hours. My body is so spent I can't even get out of my own tracks. Why is this happening?

Replies

• SaSSyhasCurls
    Options
    Maybe you are drinking too much caffeine, not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water, ect
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time to ask the Doc. Print out you diary and take it with you so they can see how you have been losing. Maybe they can make some suggestions on vitamins or something. You shouldn't feel that bad.
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How long since you started? I just started full-on with exercise and staying in my calories 9 days ago and for the first 6-7 I felt that way and needed a nap every day. It's starting to adjust now and I'm feeling more normal.
  • michmill98
    Options
    Do you know if you're a snorer? My dad was always tired too but after the doctor did a sleep test and got him fitted for an apea mask, he's got more energy. Also, I know if I don't get enough iron that I tend to feel worn down - so I make sure I eat a lean steak or burger at least once a week.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    First think that popped into my mind = Vitamin D deficiency can make a person be super tired all the time. You might want to check that out with your doc since they don't automatically check it.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Hmm, not exactly sure but maybe you are lacking a vitamin or mineral. What type of exercise have you been doing? Your diet is kinda high in processed foods, maybe try eating whole foods, fruits & veggies. If it continues it might be a good idea to see your dr.
  • FightGirl83
    Options
    Just read your diary. Ditto on the whole foods, all those processed foods with all that sodium will zap you. Also, it looks like most of the time dinner is your biggest meal of the day, you're starving yourself throughout the day when you need the energy and then taking in the majority of your calories at night. Try balancing out your meals and adding in some snacks (think fresh veggies vs. a 100 calorie cookie pack) so that you're eating more frequently and spreading out your calories throughout the day.
  • sandradaisy
    Options
    Just read an article that sounds alot like your problem, it claimed an iodine deficiency may be the prob. The article was in FIRST magazine. See the doc.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Has it just been this last week? Daylight savings time is tough to adjust to for many of us...

Could it be that time of the month? Right around the beginning of my monthly, I am totally exhausted

How is the quality of your food? For some, it's not as easy as sticking with your calorie limits - you also have to eat a certain way to make sure you're getting the right fuel for your body. Simple carbs can give you a quick burst of energy but leave you drained not long after. Make sure you're eating more complex carbs and lots of protein.

I did take a quick look at your food diary and don't see any water intake. You may be hydrated.

Could be allergies... I know around here (and your south of me so I'm sure it's worse there), the trees are starting to bud like crazy so everyone's having sinus issues and that can really make you feel drained.

Finally, as someone else suggested, make sure you're getting plenty of rest - try for 8 hours.
  • Beatrix0810
    Beatrix0810 Posts: 138
    Options
    Oh my goodness can someone please tell me why I am so tired I though with eating better and exercise I should have more energy not be so tired I could drop and sleep for hours. My body is so spent I can't even get out of my own tracks. Why is this happening?

Is it just this week? I've been having trouble too. Could be the time change....
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have your Doc check your thyroid, too. If it's low, your energy gets sapped very easily.
  • kimiec
    kimiec Posts: 62
    Options
    I know its not enough sleep that I get enough of that but as for the foods I know there not always the best as far as fresh foods. I have to admit I am kind of lazy when it comes to cooking to be totally honest I hate cooking. I do eat more of my calores at night but during the day I am busy and I am not as hungry so I do keep more of my calories for the night time so that way I am not hungry cause it seems my body wants to eat at night. I find if I eat my calories during the day I am straving at night. I have tried spreading my calories out more but it just doesn't seem to work for me. I have even tried the six meals a day thing and I just don't like it I am hungry all the time. I find 3 meals and snacks work the best for me. I am going to stick it up to just having a bad day week and see how I feel by next week cause one post here struck me as maybe it's just that I am kind of just starting out, 1 with really sticking to this and 2 I am exercising a bit more and trying a few different things and thinking maybe my body is thinking what the heck are you doing to me. I just decided to rest for the day and will pick up again tomorrow. It was a no exercise day.
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing right now! I changed my diet about 3 weeks ago but just started seriously working out almost a week ago and I am exhausted by the end of the day. I think it just takes time for your body to get into the swing of things when it comes to exercise. I was very sedentary before and now that I''m pushing my body it takes a lot out of me. The time change surely doesn't help. I'd try to get to bed earlier and maybe go a little slower with the workouts....that's what I'm going to do anyway! :)